Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 603
Posts: 603   Pages: 61   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 143642 times and has 602 replies Next Thread
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
The Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy Crunching Chart

This chart has been sitting in the rafters for months, just waiting for the artwork to be released :>)

Go get them, thinking this project had the longest lead and testing time any project has received at the World Community Grid.

As always, this is just my take. If questions on the curves, post them here.

edit: updated chart link
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sekerob at Jun 22, 2009 2:20:53 PM]
[May 12, 2009 2:51:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: The Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy Crunching Chart

Sekerob,

I like to see the data on this chart. One question...

I initially thought that the progress %age was of total progress of the HCMD2 total dockings completed, but it is clear from the way this number fluctuates that this is not the case. What exactly is this supposed to be reporting? Is there sufficient data available to you to put an overall to-date project completion %age?

Just curious...
[Jun 6, 2009 3:45:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

doug,

We have no guesstimate and as yet no "progress" page was created at Decrypthon i.e. the number is bogus, but for sure understated. Once we get a first % from the scientists, we can ballpark correllate that to the rest of the data and project a moving target completion date similar to the other projects.

The # of results themselves given the never fixed position count in a task are impossible to compute, thus unless we hit for instance 10%, cannot be used for extrapolation. 1.8 million results so far, so in count it will race past many long running WCG projects.
[Jun 6, 2009 4:34:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I cannot say that I am surprised with this response, but still felt it was worth the query.

Thanks!
[Jun 6, 2009 7:07:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
applause Re: The Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy Crunching Chart

Milestone, 2.5 million Results validated and looking good, trend lines all up. The science hitting 35 Teraflops daily now and by the looks many more members joining in to give support.

Lend us a hand!
[Jun 14, 2009 11:03:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
sad Re: The Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy Crunching Chart

The trends are definitely up here and that is good. Some of the initial estimates of 458 centuries of CPU time and 1.75 years to complete had been given prior to this project becoming active. I have also seen some much higher estimates...

In any case the total runtime estimates were based upon Phase I participation rates and I just saw one of your posts during Phase I timeframe that there were ~80 CPUY/day being done then.

If that is correct, then we would seem to be running somewhere in the 3-4X time to completion from initial estimate sad
[Jun 15, 2009 2:53:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

HCMD was then competing with half the projects WCG runs today. Where did you see 458 centuries, for that is 1.8 times the total that was contributed to WCG by all projects. I do know the scientists rationalized their targets prior to launch to something like 1/7th or 1/8th of the original.

And, I don't think you can compare UD agent Wallclock time with BOINC CPU time. Some ran the agent then at 25% on the side with BOINC, but it counted as 100%.

So, reading http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/printpost?post=229346 it's 18 months estimate till completion i.e. no despair :D
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sekerob at Jun 15, 2009 3:14:32 PM]
[Jun 15, 2009 3:03:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Today we received the majority of the results from the "0001" and "0002" batches. This is 120144832 of the 137652178995 positions (0.09%).
[Jun 18, 2009 3:14:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Today we received the majority of the results from the "0001" and "0002" batches. This is 120144832 of the 137652178995 positions (0.09%).

So this is what has been positions "received" by scientists. I wonder how many have actually been calculated. Just a musing really...

It is AWESOME to see the CPU Years/day continuing to rise!
[Jun 19, 2009 4:26:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

More awesome is as I understand that at the initial starting period we're doing the high interest heavy and choice proteins that have particular scientist interest. Later we'll be doing the easier, lighter stuff, so, not only by adding more cpu hour contribition as the project goes and grows, the relative % speed of the project will accelerate due more positions done in a unit of time.

crunch on.
[Jun 19, 2009 6:34:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 603   Pages: 61   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread