Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1130
Posts: 1130   Pages: 113   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 320711 times and has 1129 replies Next Thread
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!

Have been for a very long time, but may change if the Hexacore exclusives start putting their paws on the HCC 6.08 version. DDDT2 short run times is no reason to change that mark IMHO. We all like to have a stab at gold after all, at least silver.

Reset is WCG midnight i.e. 0:00 UTC (per the FAQ's :)

edit: actually no, HCC will run at best 30-45 minutes for all I can estimate i.e. 48 per core per day.
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Mar 26, 2010 11:17:36 AM]
[Mar 26, 2010 11:15:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

After 5 weeks of patience which included only 5 WU for dddt2, I now have enough WU to get to silver, providing the server approves of my work.
[Mar 26, 2010 12:14:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Greg L
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

I at last got my very first work unit for DDD2. It's been driving me crazy (almost to the point of a murderous rage as this project has a special personal meaning to me tongue ) that some people have already gotten a year's worth of crunching done & I had yet to get even one work unit.

Oh well, I've now that I've finally been able to get my own badge race started it's time to get those cores busy....

[Mar 26, 2010 1:16:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I finally started to get B and C units. Some short and some real long. Only on my ubuntu box thats connected all the time. My mac can't seem to get any but I control the connection due to using wireless connection. I think your box has to be connected constantly to receive these units.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Mar 26, 2010 3:52:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Not really Bearcat... even if constantly connecting, the servers will get tired of that and then bounce a deferral with ever larger increments.

Clients only ask for work if there's space in the cache. Soon as the projected seconds of what's in buffer, including work being processed, will the requests stop.

Frankly I've never had wireless issues and since about 1.5 years on 802.11N. It absolutely flies under W7.
[Mar 26, 2010 3:59:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Seems, that the rain has stopped...

So, I think it's time to put on this record:

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
[Mar 26, 2010 4:15:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

...or maybe this one...

[Mar 26, 2010 4:19:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

[OT as always] The Creedence Clearwater Revival version is superior... Who'll Stop the Rain (heard it on Isoradio yesterday) :D [/OT as always]
[Mar 26, 2010 4:22:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Another cloud has appeared,

Its pouring again....

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

biggrin
[Mar 26, 2010 6:03:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I hope, that it will continue raining for a while. I just came home with several boxes and cartons... The content...? A case, a power supply, a mainboard, a CPU, a fan, RAM, etc. etc.

So, please, let it rain, until I built all together, and installed the OS... praying
[Mar 26, 2010 6:18:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 1130   Pages: 113   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread