Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 352
Posts: 352   Pages: 36   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 201135 times and has 351 replies Next Thread
RCC_Survivor
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Server Errors.

I have approximately 600 hours unaccounted for.
----------------------------------------
smile Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Join the team The survivors hugs
(23 year Kidney Cancer survivor)

[Jun 27, 2012 4:23:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

SekeRob said (on the preceeding page)
You quote a post of June 15. Do not see any post by techs today on forums, but there was a note on tweet from before the forum came up
World Community Grid ‏@WCGrid

We are currently experiencing website issues - thank you for your patience!

--//--

Not a complaint, but since that seems to be the only way they would have to notify crunchers (as the forums were down too), it would be nice if that method could be more-timely.

I know, I know... when you're up to your buttocks in alligators, it's hard to remember you're supposed to be draining the swamp.

And maybe a note about suspending BOINC's network activity until the servers are back up in a followup tweet?

Wow... I'm surprised @WCGrid has only ~4300 followers. :-|
[Jun 27, 2012 4:27:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RCC_Survivor
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Twitter is over capacity.

Please wait a moment and try again. For more information, check out Twitter Status.
smile Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Join the team The survivors hugs
(23 year Kidney Cancer survivor)

[Jun 27, 2012 4:36:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

A big thank you to the Techs. applause

[Jun 27, 2012 4:39:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

+1!!! This looks like it's been a nasty one for Kevin and crew. I do have work uploading successfully and it's validating too. Things seem to be staying up as well but time will tell. We all like to know what's going on when things are down but the longer things are down, the worse the problem usually is and the crazier it has to be for the techs. They have a long track record of letting us know what happened once they have things up and running normally again. We'll see a post from them in due time.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jun 27, 2012 4:53:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bugg
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

@cjslman: You can click on the uploads and click Retry and if the servers are able to receive, they will get it. If they're still down, they won't (obviously). I wouldn't try too often though, as I'm sure others are doing the same I retried mine about every half hour once I saw people posting that it's able to receive uploads again.

I was able to get 4 WUs from C4CW but beyond that, even with my 0.5 day cache now, not getting any more than that. 4 WUs take me about 1 hour.

Intel i5-7600K Kaby Lake (3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4, Win10 64bit Home, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 500GB Seagate Constellation HDD, AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

[Jun 27, 2012 4:57:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bugg
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I'm quite glad the techs got things going forward, though. While it may not be 100% quite yet, and they haven't really posted much regarding the problem, I can't say I blame them. When problems arise, you can work at fixing the problem or work at appeasing the masses. If you take the latter option, you can easily end up making multiple posts (most as responses to even more questions) and thus end up spending less time actually fixing said problem.

Please, give the techs a break and let 'em work. I'm sure once it's all back up and 100% again, we'll get the explanation(s) we're all curious about.

Intel i5-7600K Kaby Lake (3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4, Win10 64bit Home, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 500GB Seagate Constellation HDD, AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

[Jun 27, 2012 5:00:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
themoonscrescent
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Still not uploading here :-(

[Jun 27, 2012 5:00:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

At least the web site seems to be running better now. But not in a position to get more WUs until tonight.

All my systems are bone dry now....
[Jun 27, 2012 5:05:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pramo
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I'm quite glad the techs got things going forward, though. While it may not be 100% quite yet, and they haven't really posted much regarding the problem, I can't say I blame them. When problems arise, you can work at fixing the problem or work at appeasing the masses. If you take the latter option, you can easily end up making multiple posts (most as responses to even more questions) and thus end up spending less time actually fixing said problem.

Please, give the techs a break and let 'em work. I'm sure once it's all back up and 100% again, we'll get the explanation(s) we're all curious about.

What Bugg said applause
I've got 350-400 w/u's (and growing) ready to upload, I suspended network activity on all my boxes last night and will wait till it all blows over. Granted - I have a couple cays cache due to the DDD2 storm otherwise my normal running at 0 cache would have made me very very sad but still...

[Jun 27, 2012 5:10:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 352   Pages: 36   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread