Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 724 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Internet Connection...

Hi,

I just wondered about using WGC on a box which is nat'd behind a Cisco1603R which is setup with DDR routing ? This is in fact my Dad's PC, and I was just wondereding if WGC will trigger the router to dial, deliver it's packet and hangup or what ?

Does anyone know what ports WGC uses to send/receive stuff by default ?

Whilst I'm here, I'm also curious how often the stats get updated ? Coz I've added 3 new devices under my login ID ... but the devices dont show up in my list days after processing their first packet ?!?
[Dec 20, 2004 6:20:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Internet Connection...

Hi Exie

Im not sure about your router but its usually a invisble thing that windows will handle. Not sure though.

The statistics update process starts daily at 6:00 UTC and updates the statistics on the website for all results that were returned by 23:59:59 UTC the prior day. The process is finished by 6:30 UTC. Read more here - Update Process
Also I believe that your devices won't show up until they return a result and the update process has happened. But you say they returned a result already so that is kinda wierd..

Hope this helps a little... smile

Cheers
HJ
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 20, 2004 6:47:51 AM]
[Dec 20, 2004 6:44:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
cool Re: Internet Connection...

Exie,

The port settings used by the World Community Grid are listed in the 'Connecting to the Server' page at http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/join_now/connecting_to_the_server.html

They are ports 80 and 443, outbound. There is some more information on the 'Network Settings' page at http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/join_now/network_settings.html

Don't hesitate to use the SITEMAP button right next to the SIGN OUT in the upper right corner. If you still have questions, let us know.

Lawrence
[Dec 20, 2004 4:28:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread