Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 544
Posts: 544   Pages: 55   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28655 times and has 543 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: smile smile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 19 smile smile

www.eeye.com/html/products/blink/personal/ I found a great free firewall and antivirus--been using for about 2 weeks. I think its beter than Nrton and al the big name products

Thanks Gerald for the heads up on a good firewall antivirus system.
Just saved me from sending Microsoft 50 bucks for a 1 year subscription.
Had Norton, but there prices are getting worse and worse.
[Jun 18, 2007 2:59:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The bar is now stocked and open for bussiness.
biggrin ENJOY! biggrin
The first one is already poured for you.
[Jun 18, 2007 3:08:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spikey_richie
Senior Cruncher
International
Project Badges:

There's a fine example of a British pub bar. And Hook Norton is some good ale too! I want some crying
----------------------------------------
[Jun 18, 2007 3:22:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks now I'm really thirsty............

Should have 2 more rigs online tomorrow, to help out wink
[Jun 18, 2007 4:31:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

Here's a question for our Base Camp visitors. Do you normally go from one "trek" on to the next or are there gaps in between? From some of the recent posts, it appears that you have a good number of WUs going into Pending Validation as the start of a trek. If you're crunching all the time but just for different teams, I would not expect that. Just trying to understand better.....
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jun 18, 2007 6:50:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Here's a question for our Base Camp visitors. Do you normally go from one "trek" on to the next or are there gaps in between? From some of the recent posts, it appears that you have a good number of WUs going into Pending Validation as the start of a trek. If you're crunching all the time but just for different teams, I would not expect that. Just trying to understand better.....

Keith,
We come from different teams, and crunch with our 'home' teams when not camping. So we all crunch full time, and generally we camp for 2 weeks or until a stated goal has been reached. Then we head home for a bit, pick a victim, and go camping again.
Hope this answers your questions.....

Rick
[Jun 18, 2007 7:04:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

biggrin ENJOY! biggrin

Thanks LargeThunder, don't mind if I do - at least I wasn't too late this time! laughing
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jun 18, 2007 9:17:17 PM]
[Jun 18, 2007 9:16:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

biggrin ENJOY! biggrin

Puff, pant, phew blushing

Sorry I'm late - although I see I'm just in time for some BEER biggrin

Did someone mention dancing frogs shock confused tongue
[Jun 18, 2007 9:28:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

Keith,
We come from different teams, and crunch with our 'home' teams when not camping. So we all crunch full time, and generally we camp for 2 weeks or until a stated goal has been reached. Then we head home for a bit, pick a victim, and go camping again.
Hope this answers your questions.....

Rick

Thanks Rick. Yes, that helps a lot. Being the ever vigilant team captain, the possibility of a home team being needed occurred to me and of course, I'd welcome folks using MOT as that. Since that's not needed, someone would have to change their base team and they'd still be welcome here for that but that would be their decision and not something for me to push. The main thought was why base campers are starting out with lower than normal scores and that would seem to be purely due to additional machines that are idle and brought "online" for a trek. In that case, presuming BOINC is used, that machine is getting a full load of work for using the same "connect to server" days setting in the BOINC profile. That would mean that at the beginning of a trek, the initial load of work the newly online machine gets will all be from what is currently being sent out - ie, new work. That machine's initial work will be more likely to go into Pending Validation at first. At the end of the trek, what's still in PV at that point will probably be less and the eventual points for those will end up going to your base team as you would have switched back at that point. A good point for my understanding is knowing that you're not always on a trek and go from one to the next so as the good captain, y'all are welcome to make individual treks here too. biggrin
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jun 18, 2007 9:32:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Keith, in my case I tend to run down the work on some of my machines which are under my 'Adywebb' account, then switch accounts on those to 'Adywebb@BC' for the trek so I can still leave some at my home team - therefore I am starting with new work which obviously go into pending - what I will probably do for the second week is switch my 'Adywebb' account over too so I have all my machines crunching for you.
[Jun 18, 2007 9:44:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 544   Pages: 55   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread