Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1432 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
OF_Cowboy
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Any way to make a dual-core CPU run higher than 50%

I tried running the update from microsoft for windows XP and the agent still only runs at 50%. Are they going to have to develop a new compile of the agent to use multiple cores? With the quad core processors this would be a huge performance increase.
[Jul 4, 2007 6:33:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Any way to make a dual-core CPU run higher than 50%

You need to migrate to the BOINC agent. It supports any number of processors. http://www.wcgwiki.org/en/boinc/migration.cfm
[Jul 4, 2007 6:37:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
OF_Cowboy
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks. I had a feeling BOINC would do that. I have 6 machines and only 2 are dual core. Do I need to change all 6 or just the new ones? I have always wondered if BOINC and UD credits all get added together.
[Jul 4, 2007 6:47:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

They all get added together, but only on the website statistics. The stats shown by the agents can get misleading.

You don't have to change all 6, but once people are used to BOINC, most people switch over completely....
[Jul 4, 2007 6:50:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread