Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 370
Posts: 370   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14122 times and has 369 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Christine's Friends

Hello Harold
Well actually she under dialisis right now

Will let you know more later
How are you dear Christine rose
[Aug 9, 2008 2:13:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

But would we still be able to go back re-reading and remembering ? Because doing so I think of those posts as very pleasant reading and it's almost like real life, as told, sometimes amusing at other times sad - life is like that. I am thankful for this forum enabling us to share so much, getting to know so many people with all that goes with it.

I find in "On This Day" so informative and I am learning so very much from Haldav. And often it is not possible to know who the Alter Ego is.
Often Bundi the soldier gives Haldav the doctor away and the other way around. That's what gave me the courage to ask - in jest - if you two were 'brovvers'...am I being cheeky or disrespectful? I truly don't mean to be either, although I do try to sound funny, hoping to make you at the very least smile , if not laugh. biggrin

We would still be able to use the chat room for reading and remembering and the new strings in a new thread called (say), "topics of the day"

I do like your word, "brovvers" - Lewis Carroll would have called it a portanteau word - a cross between "bruvvers" and "bovvers."
[Aug 9, 2008 4:05:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I do like your word, "brovvers" - Lewis Carroll would have called it a portanteau word - a cross between "bruvvers" and "bovvers."

Ah, and a little of this and a little of that is the way we girls communinitalk, haldav... as you've noticed.
[Aug 9, 2008 7:41:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Welcome back Olivia - where have you been hiding? - good to see you again. Hope you are feeling well.
[Aug 9, 2008 9:17:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Welcome back Olivia - where have you been hiding? - good to see you again. Hope you are feeling well.

Olivia always appears when she is most needed hugs

Haldav, please tell me that neither you or Bundi are a psychiatrist.? smile
----------------------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 10, 2008 8:41:51 AM]
[Aug 10, 2008 6:33:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Harold

I am fine,hopefully, thank you for asking JP as I hope you are, you should tell us more about your sister. smile
rose
[Aug 10, 2008 6:36:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Harold

I am fine,hopefully, thank you for asking JP as I hope you are, you should tell us more about your sister. smile
rose

Thank you, Christine - I have been wanting to put the same question for a long time but didn't quite know how to ask.

Thank you, Jean Pierre, for the intro to Aisha. How did you cme to be a member?

Christine - no, I have never been a shrink. I was a General Practitioner with a part time appointment as a Liverpool Area Medical Officer to three occupational therapy centres for the physical handicapped and one for the mentally handicapped. In one of he fomer I spent a fair amount of time as scrabble opponent and a wheel chair dancing partner!

I retired to Israel in 1984, becoming co-chairperson of the English Speaking Residents'Association computer club, and returned in 1998.
Now my principal hobby is creative writing.
[Aug 10, 2008 10:32:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Harold

rose

Slowly improving , still quite of analysis to be made rose
[Aug 11, 2008 9:08:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Harold

rose

Thank you, Christine - I have been wanting to put the same question for a long time but didn't quite know how to ask.

Christine - no, I have never been a shrink. I was a General Practitioner with a part time appointment as a Liverpool Area Medical Officer to three occupational therapy centres for the physical handicapped and one for the mentally handicapped. In one of he fomer I spent a fair amount of time as scrabble opponent and a wheel chair dancing partner!

I retired to Israel in 1984, becoming co-chairperson of the English Speaking Residents'Association computer club, and returned in 1998.
Thank you Haldav, what a coincidence I have also worked with both physically and mentally handicapped but I worked only with children and as a nursing sister (I trained at the Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne then I did midwifery in the Royal Women's Hospital and worked as a midwife in Sydney and finally did a course in Nursing Administration and ended up teaching practical nursing.
I also worked with and for psychiatrists but felt really troubled with being psychoanalized a lot. biggrin
I am a great follower of Abraham Maslow but Freud is the one that send me packing from psychiatry, although I did do a 12 month post-basic trainig in psychiatric nursing - I went back to being a tutor untill i found i had breast carcinoma, chemotherapy was a very traumatic occurance i never really got over that.
But i consider myself cancer free now. smile
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 11, 2008 2:44:46 PM]
[Aug 11, 2008 2:39:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Harold

rose

Thank you Haldav, what a coincidence I have also worked with both physically and mentally handicapped but I worked only with children and as a nursing sister (I trained at the Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne then I did midwifery in the Royal Women's Hospital and worked as a midwife in Sydney and finally did a course in Nursing Administration and ended up teaching practical nursing.
I also worked with and for psychiatrists but felt really troubled with being psychoanalized a lot. biggrin
I am a great follower of Abraham Maslow but Freud is the one that send me packing from psychiatry, although I did do a 12 month post-basic trainig in psychiatric nursing - I went back to being a tutor untill i found i had breast carcinoma, chemotherapy was a very traumatic occurance i never really got over that.
But i consider myself cancer free now. smile

I am a believer in the hierarchy of human needs. I always had a horror of war, but was ready to support military action to save human lives.

Evelyn - my semis meliora, not my alter ego - was a midwife, and has a twenty year cancer cure.

I was awfully curious to find out why I didn't go insane.

~Abraham Maslow, one of the founders of humanistic psychology.
[Aug 11, 2008 4:09:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 370   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread