Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 537
Posts: 537   Pages: 54   [ Previous Page | 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 41779 times and has 536 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 25 smilesmile

What is "Teams To Avoid. Please do not, ever consider joining these teams" all about on your forums ? Does'nt seem to be with the spirit of helping and volunteering to me ?

http://amber-fire.forumsland.com/

Goodbye!

The same applies to your friends Vaio, Harvy, K Henry, and the remainder of those creeps who will not permit a small team to grow.

My advice to anyone considering joining the WCG is - go join SETI instead.
[Apr 8, 2008 3:07:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

G'morning all. Looks like rain here today. sad

Well, there is certainly some interesting reading in the threads today. biggrin biggrin

Yipppppeeee. UPS says the new quad will be delivered tomorrow. I have my happy face on. drooling

flag
----------------------------------------

[Apr 8, 2008 3:16:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

What is "Teams To Avoid. Please do not, ever consider joining these teams" all about on your forums ? Does'nt seem to be with the spirit of helping and volunteering to me ?

Goodbye!

The same applies to your friends Vaio, Harvy, K Henry, and the remainder of those creeps who will not permit a small team to grow.

I dont know who you are but you need to crawl back under the rock you came from
[Apr 8, 2008 6:30:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Golly Gee Whiz ... lot's of knickers in a knot tonight. wink And I just thought it was an interesting "human interest story".

I'm banned too. biggrin

flag

I don't think it's personal Dataman. It wold seem to be a pretty broad lock up - probably temporary (I hope). One thing I've learned is that this sort of dust up is inevitable. About your only defense against it as a captain is to either be a team of one or two and have no team thread. Kinda defeats the point of having a team at all.

WCG attracts folks for all over the spectrum. Folks will have differing opinions. It's just a matter of time that you'll get a conflict over a difference. Invariably, it's a simple matter of respect. To go in to a team thread and say that the team is full of member names that all belong to the same person (I'm generalizing) attacks the whole team. Going into a team thread and saying that they've had several members join lately that are actually multiple member names used by the same person is a very different message. Yes, I've heard the claims more than once before in these forums. Without speaking to whether the claims are accurate or not, I do have to note that I've not seen anyone list specific information that is behind the claims. Yea, I understand that the person referred to was part of MOT in the past. It was early on in terms of being back when I first joined MOT. My understanding was that at the time, the then team captain specifically asked the person to leave the team. I must admit my memory is rather vague after all this time and I'm not sure the details would be of much benefit. If a person has multiple member names, I have a hard time seeing that in and of itself as being something horribly wrong. There's valid situations for that. Now trying to pass those multiple names as actually being different bodies behind them is being deceptive. That is wrong. I have had stories get to me that the party in question actually formed their own team using their different member names. If such a thing were true, I find it more something to be pitied than anything. As for the allegations that they actively worked to destroy teams, I can't speak to that as I have no direct experience with that. As a captain, any time you "delegate" responsibilities to other team members, you are taking a risk. Doing it all yourself is a risk too. Heck, getting out of bed in the morning is risky too. Things change, circumstances change, people change. What's works today isn't guaranteed to work tomorrow. Some folks have very strong feeling about such alleged behaviors. We all have strong feelings about something. There's nothing wrong with that. How you express those feelings is usually where problems occur. If I were to post here that so and so is a liar, cheat and a thief, that's a personal attack and I'm clearly breaking the rules, like it or not. However, saying that here is the information I have and it is my personal opinion based on that information that such and such is true is very different and much less confrontational. If your point of view is accurate, the facts will speak for that and you won't have to. At least that way, the facts can be addressed and the amount of emotion involved reduced. We who crunch for WCG need to be self-policing. That's not where we police each other. It's where we police ourselves.

Verbose but true, Keith. biggrin I take nothing personal on the grid and have skin thicker than a Rino. wink Reminds me of "Night of the Living Dead" where long dead tactics of the past come back to eat the brains of the innocent.

But I gotta get back to crunchin' and kicking mlafferty's backside. biggrin biggrin

Crunch on ...

Edit: I forgot to mention that I got a wee bit hammered the other night at dinner with a friend ... ordered another quad. devilish devilish devilish

flag

Who the bleep gets hammered and orders a computer? I get hammered and try to find internet strippers and my car keys (which I hide from myself).

laughing
[Apr 8, 2008 8:50:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Goodbye!

I dont know who you are but you need to crawl back under the rock you came from

Yeah, I don't know who this toolbag is but taking a shot at KeithHenry is waaaay outta line!
[Apr 8, 2008 10:52:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Yeah, I don't know who this toolbag is but taking a shot at KeithHenry is waaaay outta line!

Same toolbag, Jonathan. I think when they blocked his Le Masque username, he came back as Fartin Martin. They must have blocked the IP address as all has been quiet since. He posted the same sh** under the name of Angela Firth in the POEM boards. devilish

flag

[Apr 8, 2008 11:12:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi DM smile

@Marysduby, congrats on all those badges-I didn't realise there were so many.
[Apr 8, 2008 11:30:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi DM smile

@Marysduby, congrats on all those badges-I didn't realise there were so many.

Go to bed Vaio ... you've been a busy puppy. biggrin

flag

[Apr 9, 2008 12:31:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

Same toolbag, Jonathan. I think when they blocked his Le Masque username, he came back as Fartin Martin. They must have blocked the IP address as all has been quiet since. He posted the same sh** under the name of Angela Firth in the POEM boards. devilish

flag

Ok Dataman, I see that the Le masque username was created back in Feb. and they joined Bravo the same day. After crunching there for about six weeks, that looks to be when they went out on their own with the Angel Fire team. Of the members, three joined on the same day when the team was started. One was a new username from that first day but the other two weren't. So, in hindsight, I can see a good bit of circumstantial evidence for the claim. How do we know for a fact? I mean, we don't want to go around presuming the a new team is bogus be default. The Le Masque username did crunch a good 300K+ points while on Bravo. WCG does benefit from that. Yes, things really got weird fast in the last few days. Still, you can take just about any username and there's no way you can really be certain that they are really who they claim to be. The way many of the base campers use different usernames is actually a good thing. I guess somone could actually use separate usernames for each of their machines so they can have a different profile and crunch different projects on each machine. Is it any of my business really if someone is doing that sort of thing? Having their own team with these usernames and cross posting back and forth does get a bit weird and is pitiful more than anything. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the behaviour we saw but I'd like to see specifics provided. We have plenty of recent members here at WCG and they're not going to have the history others of us do. Not knowing that history, what they see is someone claiming a team is bogus. It's easy to get the impression that we are intolerant and engage in personal attacks here at WCG. Not the sort of impression we want to give. As a captain, I'm also looking at it from the perspective of what if anything I should look out for for my team.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Apr 9, 2008 12:34:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Ok Dataman, I see that the Le masque username was created back in Feb. and they joined Bravo the same day. After crunching there for about six weeks, that looks to be when they went out on their own with the Angel Fire team. Of the members, three joined on the same day when the team was started. One was a new username from that first day but the other two weren't. So, in hindsight, I can see a good bit of circumstantial evidence for the claim. How do we know for a fact? I mean, we don't want to go around presuming the a new team is bogus be default. The Le Masque username did crunch a good 300K+ points while on Bravo. WCG does benefit from that. Yes, things really got weird fast in the last few days. Still, you can take just about any username and there's no way you can really be certain that they are really who they claim to be. The way many of the base campers use different usernames is actually a good thing. I guess somone could actually use separate usernames for each of their machines so they can have a different profile and crunch different projects on each machine. Is it any of my business really if someone is doing that sort of thing? Having their own team with these usernames and cross posting back and forth does get a bit weird and is pitiful more than anything. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the behaviour we saw but I'd like to see specifics provided. We have plenty of recent members here at WCG and they're not going to have the history others of us do. Not knowing that history, what they see is someone claiming a team is bogus. It's easy to get the impression that we are intolerant and engage in personal attacks here at WCG. Not the sort of impression we want to give. As a captain, I'm also looking at it from the perspective of what if anything I should look out for for my team.

I'm not going anywhere near that in a public forum. Suffice it to say were watching for patterns. Put it behind and crunch on. Don't worry ... be happy. wink

flag

[Apr 9, 2008 1:11:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 537   Pages: 54   [ Previous Page | 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread