Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 602
Posts: 602   Pages: 61   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 26983 times and has 601 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 28 smilesmile

Wha?

Folk have rigs that don't crunch?
Musta tryped in the wrong url laughing tongue
[Aug 4, 2008 5:37:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

One more thing: is anyone here running VISTA on their pc that they use every day (i.e.: not dedicated cruncher)? I'm considering installing on my quad so I can use DX10 for Bioshock to see the game in all its ridonkulous glory.

Yes. I have Vista SP1 on the machine I use for real-time stock quotes/stock trading and live feeds from NASCAR/F1/Indy Car live races. I've not had any problems. Also, the installation of BOINC 6.2.14 has eliminated the problem with Vista UAC not starting BOINC.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 4, 2008 5:40:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

One more thing: is anyone here running VISTA on their pc that they use every day (i.e.: not dedicated cruncher)? I'm considering installing on my quad so I can use DX10 for Bioshock to see the game in all its ridonkulous glory.

Yes. I have Vista SP1 on the machine I use for real-time stock quotes/stock trading and live feeds from NASCAR/F1/Indy Car live races. I've not had any problems. Also, the installation of BOINC 6.2.14 has eliminated the problem with Vista UAC not starting BOINC.

2 things:

1. Do you watch WRC (World Rally Championship)?
2. I'm probably going to install VISTA next month after I reseat my processor.
[Aug 4, 2008 6:11:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

[Aug 4, 2008 6:21:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

http://www.wrc.com/

and for direct video

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=310&...lly_id=MC&season=2008

Rally-racing is unquestionably the highest form of automotive skill. Especially the dirt and snow rallies where they drive over 100 mph over snow and loose gravel.
[Aug 4, 2008 6:39:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

and for direct video

Rally-racing is unquestionably the highest form of automotive skill. Especially the dirt and snow rallies where they drive over 100 mph over snow and loose gravel.

Thanks, I bookmarked it. I'm an open-wheel fan. biggrin

[Aug 4, 2008 6:44:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

@ Blizzie - does ocing dramatically increase the amount of power your PC uses? Or is it a small increase?

I haven't tested but it raises CPU voltage a lot. My E6600 is 65w normally.. But its probably 100w overclocked.

I feel handicapped.. 3 shots, 1 skin test, and a blood test.

Edit: I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit on here
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 4, 2008 8:17:54 PM]
[Aug 4, 2008 8:13:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

and for direct video

Thanks, I bookmarked it. I'm an open-wheel fan. biggrin

Are you an AUDI R8 TDI fan? The diesel-powered Le Mans racer that is basically unbeatable by a conventional engine? Oh, and the best part is they're releasing the Audi R8 TDI. It has 500 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque. The R8 V12 TDI storms to 62mph in 4.2 seconds and maxes out at 186mph and manages to get 23 MPG.

Some tuners speculate that this will be the first major big turbo diesel project car. One tuning firm, Wicked Motorsport, is rumoured to produce a turbo kit netting 1200 hp from two Garrett GT71R Eliminator turbos. Apparently GIAC is going to introduce a chip that improve hp to 600 and torque to a solid 825 lbs/ft.

Now I know what supercar I want to own!
[Aug 4, 2008 8:17:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Are you an AUDI R8 TDI fan? The diesel-powered Le Mans racer that is basically unbeatable by a conventional engine? Oh, and the best part is they're releasing the Audi R8 TDI. It has 500 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque. The R8 V12 TDI storms to 62mph in 4.2 seconds and maxes out at 186mph and manages to get 23 MPG.

Some tuners speculate that this will be the first major big turbo diesel project car. One tuning firm, Wicked Motorsport, is rumoured to produce a turbo kit netting 1200 hp from two Garrett GT71R Eliminator turbos. Apparently GIAC is going to introduce a chip that improve hp to 600 and torque to a solid 825 lbs/ft.

Now I know what supercar I want to own!

I mostly follow drivers not cars. The Germans and Italians have always produced great engines as once we did. But current economic conditions are killing racing in the US. Rumors suggest Dodge will not continue at NASCAR next year and it is more expensive to buy a Big Mac than a share of Ford Motor Company stock (down 73% in last five years). NASCAR had to reduce the restrictor plate for Toyota’s to keep them running away from the field in the cup race. The last Indy 500 was 100% Honda engines with only two chassis types. Indy Car racing only survived this year due to a merger of two companies. All the F-1 drivers want to come to NASCAR for the money ( biggrin but don’t seem to be able to drive 2 ton cars biggrin ). Only Europe and Japan continue to innovate. sad

I had no choice but to be an open-wheel fan. I was born in Indiana. When you are born in Indiana they tattoo the Indy 500 logo on your @$$ at birth and you are stuck with it forever. laughing biggrin laughing

[Aug 4, 2008 9:06:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

Kids are amazing. Daughter had her first day of kindergarden today. Did just fine of course, especially when she saw the crayons and picture out on her desk. I almost think we didn't exist anymore at that point. biggrin She's used to school settings with her day care and pre-K class but this was a new school with all new kids she didn't know. Either I did okay prepping her for that or it wasn't a problem to begin with. Thing is you never know. There apparently was the "requisite" crying kid. See, things may change but not really. We took her and picked her up today and to talk to her, she'd do just fine riding the bus tomorrow except for one thing - her Mom! Guess who's not ready to ride the bus! laughing laughing Same page, different generation. Well, we're all undeniably tired and calling it a night. Will post stats in the morning, unless age kicks in again and I wake up in the middle of the night and.....sigh.....
Join/Website/IMODB

[Aug 5, 2008 12:23:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 602   Pages: 61   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread