Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 184 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
The CPU isn't full busy

Hi,
i've got a problem with my client. It doesn't use the full cpu resource, it falters betwen 50% and 100%. Is it ok or is there a problem with my client?
[Sep 18, 2008 1:20:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: The CPU isn't full busy

Hi Chefkoch85

Yes it's okay. You're not using the "Maximum Output" pre-set device profile. The default is "Standard" which on average uses 60%.

Due to the way it works in BOINC you will see, on a multicore computer, the CPU use alternate between 50 and 100%. On a single core you'd see 0 - 100%.

If the device is a Desktop it's perfectly fine to try out Maximum Output i.e. run 100% all the time or increase the percent gradually via the Custom option of the Device Manager > Device Profile.

For profile navigation visit our FAQ in the Start Here forum: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=17033

cheers

PS, Chef Cooks always have my interest.... what's your crème de la crème in the kitchen?
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 18, 2008 2:00:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread