Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 827 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
UD.exe

While monitoring my cpu, I noticed that for the first time the task manager is showing that UD.exe is running intermittently for several hours now. Can anyone please tell me why? confused

Thanks in advance.
[Mar 20, 2005 4:46:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: UD.exe (follow-up)

This is also causing Rosetta to execute more slowly. crying
[Mar 20, 2005 4:50:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Re: UD.exe

Hi julied,
I think UD.exe runs when you are viewing the colourful molecules when you press the i button on the Agent. As you have pointed out it slows down the real crunching that is done by the WCGrid_Rosetta.exe task.

Top tip for gaining those extra points uncheck the "run only as a screen saver" option you will find under the tick and although they are pretty watching those whirling folding protein molecule costs crunching time.

If this is not your particular issue post back.

Regards

Dave
----------------------------------------

[Mar 20, 2005 5:05:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
applause Re: UD.exe

Top tip for gaining those extra points uncheck the "run only as a screen saver" option you will find under the tick and although they are pretty watching those whirling folding protein molecule costs crunching time.

Even more of a top tip (but for the same reason as Dave has pointed out), disable the Grid Screensaver. Any kind of graphical display, whether just running the 'Application' part of the Agent or letting the ScreenSaver kick in with the molecule graphic, will take valuable processing time away from the core function.

Blank the screen (power down the screen if poss.) instead of using a screensaver; thus saving some power (and carbon emissions) whilst still supporting the Grid
smile
[Mar 24, 2005 9:41:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
rose Re: UD.exe

Yep, that one works well for me smile
[Mar 24, 2005 11:17:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread