Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2267 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: WU's not running

Hi guys. Seems this problem isn't limited to Windows. I have a debian box running 5.10.28 that has stalled at 0.004000 CPU time :). Unlike the two mentioned above, this one has managed to finish a couple of RICE WU's before.

So now for the question, how do I terminate this WU? (Linux command line, google doesn't seem to be much help ...)
[Dec 11, 2008 9:38:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Instructions are here: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Boinccmd_tool

Ask if you need more precise instructions.
[Dec 11, 2008 9:45:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Instructions are here: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Boinccmd_tool

Ask if you need more precise instructions.

Thanks, thats what I was looking for
[Dec 12, 2008 10:06:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

These websites might help you:

http://www.hpcwire.com/offthewire/17904149.html

Vista Driver Problems ... etal

Hi,

I've just signed onto this less than one week ago. I have Vista Home Premium, 32bit. My World Rice gathered 100%, completed. The CPU time for world Rice was 10:01:02. Currently I'm at 14+ and 34+ % for Fight Aids and Human Proteome, respectively. I have Comcast high speed.

I am using an older computer (SONY VAIO), that we upgraded with additional hardware and the Vista installed over Win XP Media Center Ed. and then Win XP Pro last summer, 08. We gutted the 2004 SONY V and switched it to an older Micron Millennia case I bought at a yard sale for $50 (larger chassis and superior aeration under the raised bottom with internal cleaning much easier).

We did buy two new HDs and more RAM . The SONY HD basically came within a hair of being totally unusable after only 4 years-then crashed, and we are in the process of cleaning that one up and salvaging whatever we can from it. We have another 500 GB external (not hooked up or involved in this at all). I had a lot of trouble with Vista at first, esp. with my sound card (also upgraded). I had bought it after it had been out a while, so couldn't figure out why it had so many problems in the spring of 2008.

Basically, we were suffering from driver problems not being able to work with our media programs. It was terrible at first, and I was at my wits end. I knew that I was doing exactly what I needed to do. I even lost the use of my DVD drives and had to do searches to find out how to replace the drivers without having to buy additional software. As it was, I ended up buying some driver software (not knowing it was just a demo) - Driver Genius - a worthless misnamed coaster- at Best Buy, that I could have simply downloaded for free (to demo) from a website. crying

After many sleepless hours, I found the help I needed on some obscure web tech forum (in Germany, I think) and read what others had to say about similar DVD driver problems. It was a very small registry tweaker. It worked like a charm. That finally got me thru my initial sufferings with Vista HP, and, including a Digidesign driver update that healed my sound problems, basically. It took several months. (Phew) I haven't had any problems since then. smile

So far, I'm good to go. I would keep on Microsoft about it, post in their forums, etc. As far as computers go, I am basically self-taught. My husband is great with the hardware installation upgrades, and I am the PC software amateur turning pro.

Chrstin

PS-My 2000 Dell Celeron with Windows ME is still running. It's never been serviced and only upgraded by us. Go figure.

---------------------------------------

Hi folks, I have two machines that don't seem to be able to crunch rice WU's. The wcg_rice process will start, but use 0% cpu, while other projects (hcc, hpf2 etc) use a full processor (i.e 50%). Both machines are running windows vista, core 2 processors with 2GB and 1GB of ram respectively. One is running 32bit, the other 64bit vista. UAC is turned off. Preferences are set to use 100% of processors and 90% of ram (idle or not).

I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. I have another 64bit machine that crunches fine ...

[Jan 24, 2009 10:12:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
biggrin Re: WU's not running

Ah...I see User Friendly Dog helped you. That's great!

Peace out.

Think Organic

smile
[Jan 24, 2009 10:25:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread