Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 24
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2693 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
kskjold
Senior Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Avajaymes lost to Neuroblastoma...

I haven't done any research on the author of the post. But I think it's hard when children are involved. I have 2 sons, and I'm very pleased that they are healthy. I have family, friends and co-workers that have cancer, and some have died. That it's of course hard, but I can't imaging how it would be if it was my children that got a illness like this and died before me.

I participate in all projects be course not everyone has the possibility to donate cpu time, but they might get the illness that we are crunching for.

So it's not an issue for me how much this member has contributed, but the webpage presented a lovely girl with a bad illness that is dead now.

So that was my motivation for the challenge.
----------------------------------------
[Sep 8, 2009 6:46:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
plonk420
Cruncher
Project Badges:

i wouldn't really expect most to crunch obsessively. i only do so to use the power i have at my disposal (being a technophile). power is expensive as is housing in Cali. there are some places supposedly where $200k a year barely covers housing and people still need food stamps. that's like 8 times where i am. probably 10-12 times more than, say, Texas.

[Sep 9, 2009 9:12:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

nasher,
You are very kind talking only of the lack of any badge! The truth is worse: since the opening post six months ago not a single result has been returned by Avajaymes, and no other post either.

I have read Ava's story with a high interest and a real sadness but I am very uncomfortable with these facts six months later and I wonder if the purpose of the author might have been simply to raise funds.
After all, when such a post is about some product and not about a poor litlle girl we use to call it a spam.

Sadly. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Sep 9, 2009 9:38:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I am more than willing to crunch for a cause...

right now i am crunching for cancer projects (mostly HCC right now) but i know both my faimly and my wifes faimlies have histories of cancer.

Personaly i am going to crunch at least 14 days for any project WCG comes up with at least but i may not do much more untill i understand why I personly want to

yes I feel sorry for any loss but if someone askes for help from me and sits back and dose nothing afterwards themselves then i feel hurt.

if i saw at least a bronze badge for any project from that person i would have shifted my 3 machines over and crunched 15 days on HFCC only for AVA.

since I dont see anything from them I will keep going on all my other options.

if you have a cause and are willing to put forth effort for it though i am glad to help.

[Sep 9, 2009 6:11:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread