Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3141
Posts: 3141   Pages: 315   [ Previous Page | 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 399315 times and has 3140 replies Next Thread
Sport
Veteran Cruncher
USofA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cool Re: SeriousCrunchers Attempting Re-Entry

GP,Glad to hear you are feeling better, there is a valid reason for medication...it's just that abuse gives them a bad name!!!!!

EDIT:...I've brought my Media Center Machine back online, it's not much of a Cruncher but if I use it for a work station it eases the load on the Quads; besides it has my iTunes and other important "STUFF"! ((It only took me 2 months to replace a PSU))

But it running GREAT!!!!
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sport at Nov 19, 2010 12:33:38 AM]
[Nov 19, 2010 12:15:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: SeriousCrunchers Attempting Re-Entry

Now that I can bend over again, the antique cruncher gets turned on. Just in time as shiny is about to run out of time on the current load in the next few days.
[Nov 19, 2010 4:57:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Why is it things are always ready for download right about the time you're ready to turn the machine off and go to bed?
[Nov 21, 2010 2:05:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sport
Veteran Cruncher
USofA
Project Badges:

Leave it running. Within the next few days I'll be transferring at least one Quad, perhaps two to keep Lee Ann honest!

As soon as GPShiney runs outta work I'll send the parts you've been so patiently waiting for...wanted to do a serious burn in this time, so you don't need to worry about it

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sport at Nov 21, 2010 5:08:54 PM]
[Nov 21, 2010 5:03:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Much appreciated!
[Nov 21, 2010 9:49:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sport
Veteran Cruncher
USofA
Project Badges:

@ GP..
I've pulled one Quad and my MediaCenter Machine off to do battle with Lee Ann... Found another 12 GHZ +- of processors to add in wherever needed (a few more available if needed)... quick count there should be around 40+ Ghz available if I put everything online...+ your machines

[Nov 23, 2010 1:27:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Roll me over as needed. Primordial slime doesn't care where it is and everything seems pretty stable except for the noisy dual in the TV room that has to switch off at night due to noise levels. Blowing it out didn't do a thing for the sound effects, so suspect it may someday lose the magic smoke. Until then, it crunches during awake hours, then sleeps when I need to.
[Nov 23, 2010 10:02:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lighthouse
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

GP, while I would normally agree that the smoke that makes all circuits function may eventually escape, your symptoms with noise suggest a different theory. Didn't Sport tell you that you can turn off the diesel generator in that computer if it is plugged in to 120V? No? Then I suppose you will just have to burn off the whole tank of fuel, and it will shut down on it's own. They do usually cough up a good cloud of smoke with that last gasp, though.

Or not...

[Nov 23, 2010 11:55:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sport
Veteran Cruncher
USofA
Project Badges:

LH..are you saying unplug the Power Supply? I don't know if the noise is cooling fan or Hard Drive...either way the machine is dying, it is probably recoverable, but is it worth it?? Maybe not, depends on what kinda muscle it has, if it's worth rebuilding, then we can do that...if not it'll make a great paper weight!!!!!

EDIT:she said it was her Dually, that's a desktop machine...could be a software problem in a loop writing to the HDD, just a guess, without sitting in front of it, or remote access, I just wouldn't know where to start

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sport at Nov 24, 2010 2:24:17 AM]
[Nov 24, 2010 2:11:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

After the holidays let's do a phone call at your convenience. Think I can figure out how to turn the remote access back on with a little prompting. Cut a deal w/ the phone company re: incoming/local calls at no cost + internet, so I can plop a speaker phone next to it so you can hear the sound effects for yourself and tell me what to type. I'll turn you lose on that and perhaps the primordial slime since they're being used for crunching/entertainment systems.
[Nov 24, 2010 3:22:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 3141   Pages: 315   [ Previous Page | 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread