Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 502
Posts: 502   Pages: 51   [ Previous Page | 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 40764 times and has 501 replies Next Thread
brown chris
Master Cruncher
California - USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 34 smilesmile

I am still laughing at these GPUGRID credits. It took me months to get to 72K in SETI, and GPUGRID is going to have more points than SETI and it won't even be 2 weeks! laughing

Ordered a GTX 275 from NewEgg for $239. That's less than I paid for my 260! I'm putting the 260 in my sons computer, and the 275 in mine. I won't be getting the daily points that dataman's monster set up has, but it will be fun seeing the points rack up even faster! wink
----------------------------------------
BIG BANG THEORY: In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded
[Apr 30, 2009 4:43:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I am still laughing at these GPUGRID credits. It took me months to get to 72K in SETI, and GPUGRID is going to have more points than SETI and it won't even be 2 weeks! laughing

Ordered a GTX 275 from NewEgg for $239. That's less than I paid for my 260! I'm putting the 260 in my sons computer, and the 275 in mine. I won't be getting the daily points that dataman's monster set up has, but it will be fun seeing the points rack up even faster! wink

GPUGRID changes the landscape, doesn't it?
[Apr 30, 2009 5:22:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
brown chris
Master Cruncher
California - USA
Project Badges:

GPUGRID changes the landscape, doesn't it?

I'd say so. I hope all those scientists are putting all this crunching to good use.
[Apr 30, 2009 6:00:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Calculus is killing me.. slowly. crying
[Apr 30, 2009 7:23:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Wish I could help ya I majored in Math way back when, but it was so long ago and I never really used it in my career. All I can say is try to remember that everything is based on a limit as a variable approaches zero.

Edit: Besides, it was so long ago, we did everything in Roman Numerals -- lol

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Apr 30, 2009 10:49:36 AM]
[Apr 30, 2009 10:47:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:
smile Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 34 smilesmile

01: RT - 67,660 points
05: brown chris - 20,164 points

Wow - You must have everything up and running! cool

blushing We have had a cool spell here in North Texas so everything sans an older machine that I am afraid is lost has been running. As the weather warms back up, I will have to shut down one or two of them but as dad used to say, "Make hay while the sun shines" which translates to “Make points while the weather is like Seattle’s”
One of your friends in Texas cowboy
RT Website Hosting

[Apr 30, 2009 12:26:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Amazing isn't it. I ran WCG for 4 years and passed those totals in 6 months on GPUGrid. You will be blowing me away soon. It is not long until my summer shut down. However, the cool weather continues and forcast is for 2" of rain this weekend. That's not normal for May but I will take it.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dataman at Apr 30, 2009 1:30:45 PM]
[Apr 30, 2009 1:14:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

laughing biggrin laughing I remember. I was always on an advanced mathmatics/science program ever since high school until I "met" calculus ... then I had to get a tutor. laughing biggrin laughing I finally got it though. wink Keep it up!!

[Apr 30, 2009 1:17:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

I hope all those scientists are putting all this crunching to good use.

I think so. Their science projects are getting broader and they are attracting new ones. The new HIV project looks very good to me. But in the end ... we crunch on faith. biggrin

coffee

[Apr 30, 2009 1:28:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
brown chris
Master Cruncher
California - USA
Project Badges:

Amazing isn't it. I ran WCG for 4 years and passed those totals in 6 months on GPUGrid. You will be blowing me away soon. It is not long until my summer shut down. However, the cool weather continues and forcast is for 2" of rain this weekend. That's not normal for May but I will take it.

@Dataman - Are you in Southern California? You seem to have the same weather as me. I live in the Mojave Desert right next to Edwards AFB.
[Apr 30, 2009 1:53:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 502   Pages: 51   [ Previous Page | 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread