Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 34411 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Not Funny

I hope knreed is checking this. That could provide him a clue. Take Care RamondFO. Have a great Sunday!
----------------------------------------
One of your friends in Texas cowboy
RT Website Hosting

[Nov 15, 2009 3:40:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RaymondFO
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Well, I guess my luck just ran out. I just got a series of "0x1" error messages on my core i7 machine crunching on four cores. The other computer still has yet resulted in any error messages, but I run this project on a limited basis. It may be just a matter of time.
[Nov 17, 2009 3:46:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

personaly if i start seeing errors on a machine with a project (or multiple machines) i swap that computer (or all computers ) from that project and keep on chrunching jubs that are comeing flawlessly

[Nov 18, 2009 7:15:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

that sounds like a stability issue. my i7 does these fine with hyperthreading. lower your memory clocks if you have on overclock.
[Nov 20, 2009 1:52:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:

My I7 and my 9550 both have problems as pointed out previously and they are not overclocked (one W7 and one Vista, both 64bit). I hate it that WCG continue to let all this effort and time be wasted.
RT Website Hosting

[Nov 24, 2009 6:15:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RaymondFO
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I now (finally?) got HPF2 working on an Intel Q9400 Core 2 quad chip, providing HPF2 runs no more than three (3) work units. I also have at least one (1) HFCC and/or FAAH work units concurrently running with HPF2 since if I run all four cores crunching HPF2 the "0x1" will at some point occur. This takes a lot of effort to manage your work unit processes on a computer, and wonder if it is really worth the effort. This amended process is subject to change without notice as this appears to have become a problematic WU to crunch on certain computers.

My big question is can anyone tell us what computer configurations work to properly crunch these work units without getting the "0x1" error message? Someone is processing these HPF2 properly. I did have some success crunching HPF2 on Mac OS X, but the run times where longer (7-12 hrs. on a Mac-mini, and it just seemed longer than that) than other current WCG WU projects, and the points rewarded did not justify running these work units given the runtimes.
[Nov 25, 2009 1:57:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:
sad Re: Not Funny

snip snip
My big question is can anyone tell us what computer configurations work to properly crunch these work units without getting the "0x1" error message? Someone is processing these HPF2 properly. I did have some success crunching HPF2 on Mac OS X, but the run times where longer (7-12 hrs. on a Mac-mini, and it just seemed longer than that) than other current WCG WU projects, and the points rewarded did not justify running these work units given the runtimes.

I gave up on trying to run HPF2 on multi-core processors after trying a bunch of different configurations/BOINC versions etc. (admittedly unscientific) and just ran it on single core processors till I got the blue badge.
RT Website Hosting

[Nov 25, 2009 2:49:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

This error on HPF2 is very elusive. It has taken us some time to find a work unit that failed with this error consistently in our lab. One of the main things about fixing an issue is recreating it consistently. The next major hurtle for us is to create a fix for this issue. The code base for HPF2 is very large and complex. Please be patient with us as we work on getting a proper fix for these errors.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Nov 25, 2009 5:41:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:

This error on HPF2 is very elusive. It has taken us some time to find a work unit that failed with this error consistently in our lab. One of the main things about fixing an issue is recreating it consistently. The next major hurtle for us is to create a fix for this issue. The code base for HPF2 is very large and complex. Please be patient with us as we work on getting a proper fix for these errors.

Thanks,
-Uplinger

I have been out of the loop. Any progress on this problem?
RT Website Hosting

[Mar 12, 2010 3:12:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rilian
Veteran Cruncher
Ukraine - we rule!
Project Badges:

Well, i had to detach computers recently ( https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...ad,26706_offset,50#270510 ) from HPF2 project because of this error:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,24400

it was reported more than an year ago.
[Mar 12, 2010 5:08:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread