Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 450 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Certificate expired, Can't connect to WCG

After attaching to the WCG project, I can not connect to the project because of the following error: sad
Sat 03 Jul 2010 10:28:41 AM PDT|World Community Grid|Scheduler request failed: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates sad

Old forum posts lead me to outdated Certs which don't do me any good. And the people posting those responses use way to technical terms for semi literate users to understand, much less perform without help. My VM drives require me to use Linux Ver 6.4.5. So I have to work around that also. smile Any help is appreciated. smile
[Jul 3, 2010 6:09:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Re: Certificate expired, Can't connect to WCG

You've seen the relevant Start Here FAQ?

edit: Mind you, the ca-bundle.crt file that comes with the VM or 6.4.5 could be outdated. That kit is 18 months old. You have to look in that file to confirm as per the FAQ.
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Jul 3, 2010 6:23:53 PM]
[Jul 3, 2010 6:19:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yes it is outdated, but you cant install newer versions directly from BOINC like in your base OS. You can download the file, but you can't read them after that. Does anybody have some help other then stating facts I already know.
I am looking for a solution on how to correct this error when using a VM virtual drive running the Boinc in the Synaptic Package Manager. Any workarounds to update the CA Cert or update the Boinc version is what i need. The only post I found leads me to an already outdated Cert.
If I missed a post in the Forums please point me to it.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 4, 2010 11:05:18 PM]
[Jul 4, 2010 10:48:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

If you read the relevant Start Here FAQ's (Index in my forum signature), verified the points, followed the various links in there such as this one https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/boinc/+bug/246205 and looked in the downloaded certificate file, the one from the FAQ (which has multiple certs included, having one valid through 2018 and another through 2036), then I fear I can't help you.

NB: The one that's actually used by BOINC (from Synaptic) on my install is actually x-linked in the BOINC Data_dir to the one that comes with Lucid Lynx in location: etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jul 5, 2010 7:47:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread