Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 563
Posts: 563   Pages: 57   [ Previous Page | 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 37458 times and has 562 replies Next Thread
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 48smilesmile

Wish me luck - only 2 hours and 8 mins of Internet left

Hope you survive !!!

Rej

So DA, did you survive the withdrawl pains? laughing
----------------------------------------
Join/Website/IMODB

[Feb 4, 2011 2:09:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Man, these last few months have been way out there. This was supposed to have been a mild winter. December was frigid, we had the first white Xmas since the late 1800's, last month's snow dump and you can add today to the long list of days with flurries. I can't remember this much snow but then I missed the storm of '93 that dumped three feet up here in my area and a foot in town. Still, it's been far worse in Oz with all the flooding in Queensland and now thay Cat 5 cyclone hit the folks that got spared the flooding and now they expect more flooding from all of its rain. 180+ MPH winds but I read that have been no fatalities.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Feb 4, 2011 2:18:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

David, barring something extreme, you'll hit a million tomorrow. Not a bad way to go into the weekend! Roughly a million a month will make for a very nice year. Hope the remodel isn't driving you batty! biggrin
Join/Website/IMODB

[Feb 4, 2011 2:24:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Lots of intermittent power outages in south Texas so my computers are mostly off for now! Once warms up will see netter numbers!
[Feb 4, 2011 3:59:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

RT,
Glad to hear business is up! Currently I am waiting for construction of a new office to begin. Trying to stimulate the economy myself!
[Feb 4, 2011 4:04:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
darth_vader
Veteran Cruncher
A galaxy far, far away...
Project Badges:

Man, these last few months have been way out there. This was supposed to have been a mild winter. <snip>
Since when can weathermen predict the weather, let alone the future? - Marty McFly

It's been a very mild winter here in the SW corner of Silicon Valley. Hitting 70F or there about every day for a couple of weeks, 70% of normal rainfall (drought could be a problem) and predictions are we may hit 80F this weekend. Not a single severe storm yet this winter. We usually get storms with gusts up to 80-90mph a few times a year gusts over 100mph have been recorded in the area where I live. Haven't had one of those in a couple of years. And no snow for 35 years. If it was like this in the summer, I'd be really happy and I could let the machines run 100% all year. biggrin

- D
[Feb 4, 2011 4:16:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Wow! I got hit with a purposeful power outage. We had lost all the lights (lights only) in our back bedroom, and we thought it might have been due to the work going on for the remodeling so I called the contractor who threw all the circuit breakers off. This caused one of the computers to be detached from WCG and all of the WUs completed with Detached error -- over 45 of them. Since I could only get CEP2 WUs to run on that machine, I had to download all of the files (a couple with 66MB) to run the CEP WUs. Everything is now back up and running.

Oh, and the reason for the lights being off was a breaker in one of our wall plugs was thrown preventing any power from getting to the lights. The sockets where the breaker was thrown were still providing power. Resetting the breaker resolved the problem.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Feb 4, 2011 5:52:45 AM]
[Feb 4, 2011 5:23:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:

coffee coffee coffee Good Morning MOT coffee coffee coffee

I will see if I can add a picture of my front yard here in a little while. Snow is both rare and beautiful here. No power issues yet.
Edit> Circle Driveway Front Yard Side Yard Other Side Yard

We are a bit low on Propane (which we heat with) so we have our thermostat set at 55F and are dressing warmly and using an electric heater in the room we are cooped up in. The Propane Delivery guys are swamped and can't get everywhere so it's no telling when we can get a resupply.
One of your friends in Texas cowboy
RT Website Hosting

[Edit 1 times, last edit by RT at Feb 4, 2011 6:47:33 PM]
[Feb 4, 2011 5:59:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GeraldRube
Master Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

coffee coffee coffee Good Morning MOT coffee coffee coffee

I will see if I can add a picture of my front yard here in a little while. Snow is both rare and beautiful here. No power issues yet.
Edit> Circle Driveway Front Yard Side Yard Other Side Yard

We are a bit low on Propane (which we heat with) so we have our thermostat set at 55F and are dressing warmly and using an electric heater in the room we are cooped up in. The Propane Delivery guys are swamped and can't get everywhere so it's no telling when we can get a resupply.

Move in with your computers-- wink RT i changed my name--marysduby

[Edit 1 times, last edit by GeraldRube at Feb 4, 2011 7:44:42 PM]
[Feb 4, 2011 7:42:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GeraldRube
Master Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

We just had a dusting--- sad

[Feb 4, 2011 8:13:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 563   Pages: 57   [ Previous Page | 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread