Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 403 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Checking Valadation.

Hi.

I have done a search and couldn't find what the answer was looking for, so here goes

on single quorum projects, when a second copy is sent out so you have (_0 & _1)

which one is being checked or are both. confused

I'm would just like to know because i've been getting a lot of _1's lately. biggrin

Sorry if it's been answered already couldn't find it. crying
[Jan 15, 2011 4:11:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Checking Valadation.

I don't know as to whether this is the definitive answer or not, but I like to think that it's the _0 which requires verifying by the _1 WU.
----------------------------------------

[Jan 15, 2011 4:40:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Checking Validation.

In standard quorum 2, tasks check each other (distributed both within a short time of each other). When going through the _0 Zero Redundant quorum, then Inconclusive, i.e. the _1 job send out after the _0 completion, the verifier _1 job checks the _0, since the verifier job will be done by a realible (R++) device. Practically though, I think the _0 is then also used to also confirm _1 again. After their verification, the outcome could be:

error-valid (very unlikely)
valid-valid (most often)
invalid-valid (not so often)
inconclusive-inconclusive (3rd copy _2 send out, and a situation also occurring with upfrnt quorum 2 such as with HCMD2)

probably a few other combo's are possible.

--//--

edit: Title "Validation" :D
edit 2: The first in a quorum to be sent locks in the platform (Linux/Windows/Mac) all wingmen/repairs are run on. Observed, _0 does not always go out first. Received recently a _1 when the _0 was still sitting in "waiting to be sent", the servers probably waiting for the fitting device to do a work-fetch call.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 15, 2011 9:57:53 AM]
[Jan 15, 2011 9:12:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Checking Validation.

Thanks Guys.

I thought that the _1 was the checker just wanted to be sure, when i got five _1 at once from

c4cw i had an idea that might be the case, well back to crunching. wink
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 15, 2011 9:11:34 PM]
[Jan 15, 2011 9:10:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread