Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4016
Posts: 4016   Pages: 402   [ Previous Page | 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 139357 times and has 4015 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: UK

ooooo Silver globe thing! :D yay! :)
[Jul 19, 2012 11:52:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thargor
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

And the 2nd server has been created from the cluster, just as a 4-core VM.

I've also put in place a "per server" resource-limit on CPU usage, as I'm keeping a close eye on host-performance......generating on-call alerts costs money, so I need to avoid doing that (again).
----------------------------------------

[Jul 19, 2012 12:33:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

@ Thargor The lunchtime update returned stats for the 1/2 day of 10:034:03:53:18 13,451,291 26,236. Very nice! biggrin More of the same please! wink

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Jul 19, 2012 1:22:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thargor
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

I'm going to be slowly adding new VMs to add to the current two, over the next few days - I need to be very careful about:

a) how much CPU the underlying hosts are using (need to keep it below 75% - I'm aiming for a maximum of 65% per physical host), and;

b) how much power the cabinet is drawing, that these physical servers are in - the last thing I want to do is trip a breaker from overloading the power-supply to the cabinet! smile

The nice thing is it only takes me about 15 minutes to go from fresh start to a new VM built, installed with an OS, configured with BOINC, and added to the cluster! biggrin

[Jul 19, 2012 1:28:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crooks_uk
Veteran Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Keep up the good work Thargor.
[Jul 19, 2012 5:17:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thargor
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Just the two VMs still (one 8-core (which I'll be converting to two 4-cores tomorrow) and a 4-core), across two physical hosts. Had a few issues with the platform, so didn't really have time to look at calculating the numbers to add a new one in.

However, the 4-core one is running unrestricted, and the 8-core one just has a restriction at 12GHz total (average 1.5GHz per core), so they should churn out a few workunits overnight...

Hopefully, once I've converted the 8-core to two 4-cores tomorrow, I can look at adding a few more, in time for the weekend! smile

[Jul 19, 2012 7:08:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

@ Thargor If that midday level of crunching is sustained I guesstimate your Globe will be Ruby within the week! biggrin

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Jul 19, 2012 7:08:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thargor
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Will see what the stats are like in tonight's update! biggrin

[Jul 19, 2012 7:47:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thargor
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Heh, the "let's just try it one more time" method appears to have worked...

I now have one 8-core VM and two 4-core VMs up and running (each with a 1.5GHz limit per core to keep the physical hosts they're sitting on at about 65% CPU-load), all processing away merrily.

Will still be converting the 8-core to two 4-core VMs, tomorrow, as it makes it easier to admin the platform - that shouldn't take too long, though, not too much downtime.

[Jul 19, 2012 9:05:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thargor
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

And the 8-core VM has now been converted to a 4-core VM, and VM #4 (another 4-core) has been built.

Think I'll be leaving it at that, for now, until I see what kind of resources everyone else wants to use...

[Jul 20, 2012 8:15:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 4016   Pages: 402   [ Previous Page | 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread