Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6884 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Validation process?

Hello!

I've started crunching for this project a week ago, and after about 50 results I still need all my WUs to be validated by someone else...

So my question is: when will I receive WUs that can be validated as soon as I finish them ?(so no need of a second run by someone else)

I precise that I didn't get any errors or whatsoever since the beginning.

Thanks in advance.
[Aug 16, 2011 1:15:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Validation process?

It's been a while since I ran any HCC WU's, although if I remember correctly, that is a science that needs to copies to verify each WU - thus, you'll never get to a stage where it's your copy and your copy only which is used.

If you're wanting a zero-redundancy project, then HFCC has just come back online (there are also, C4CW and FA@H currently, with, in the very near future - as, I don't believe it's been implemented yet, CEP2).
----------------------------------------

[Aug 16, 2011 1:38:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marvey11
Advanced Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

No matter how long you've already crunched or how many results you've already returned for HCC, there will always be a so-called wingman to verify your returned results. That's just how this project works. Don't worry...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by marvey11 at Aug 16, 2011 1:39:54 PM]
[Aug 16, 2011 1:38:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Et al,

If you open the Start Here FAQ index, page [auto] type search for the word "Matrix", open that and click on the full picture link, you''ll see a column with the title ''Quorum / Distribution'' Those are indicating how many must validate at minimum and how many will initially send out, for each science.

New or bad devices are most often given a wingman to check even if the standard distribution is 1.

Do read note 3b, telling what's needed to have a computer become R++ [extra, extra reliable] (better than the USA ratings per Standard & Poors ;P)

Thanks for crunching at WCG.

--//--
[Aug 16, 2011 1:51:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johncmacalister2010@gmail.com
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Hello!

I've started crunching for this project a week ago, and after about 50 results I still need all my WUs to be validated by someone else...

So my question is: when will I receive WUs that can be validated as soon as I finish them ?(so no need of a second run by someone else)

I precise that I didn't get any errors or whatsoever since the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

Relaaaax! Validation goes in fits and starts. I have stopped wondering when my tasks will be validated. At present I have 60 in pv, but I have seen as many as 106 in that state....keep crunching

biggrin

crunching, crunching, crunching.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro (part time)

smile
[Aug 16, 2011 6:28:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread