Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 546
Posts: 546   Pages: 55   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35784 times and has 545 replies Next Thread
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 53 smilesmile

..................................CONGRATULATIONS dkt ON REACHING 8,500,000 MOT POINTS !!!..................................

----------------------------------------
Join/Website/IMODB

[Oct 14, 2011 1:33:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

........................CONGRATULATIONS lawrencehardin ON REACHING 6,000,000 MOT POINTS !!!........................

Join/Website/IMODB

[Oct 14, 2011 1:36:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Next day GeraldRuby has a great day we will break a record!!!

I have lost two crunchers in the last few days--a quad core AMD and a dual core Intel--i think it is motherboard problems sad

Bummer. sad Hopefully it is not that Dell.

No the Dell is a I7 2630QM @ 2GHs--I really like this laptop smile--Oh i just remembered the Dell you gave me in Marble Falls is running great--It had some kind of hiccup and i installed Win7 on it-- smile

My son is using a Duo and he has had problems with the display cutting out. He had previously installed a graphics card before this problem started. He had obtained some information which said it might be the power supply, and he got a new p.s with no change to the problem. We are thinking it might be the graphics card, but I was also wondering if it might help to move to Win7.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if this will be the problem with your son's computer, but I just fixed a computer that had the same problem.
And as soon as I opened the lid, I knew what the problem was.
The motherboard had two PCIE slots for video cards, and the customer had put the card in the second slot. I moved it to the first slot, which is the primary, and he hasn't had the problem again.

I just finished talking with Steven about this problem, and he says the problem started getting worse over a period of time until now it occurs almost immediately after power on. I was thinking it might be dirty contacts on the card which might mean all we need to do is pull the card and reseat it. Any ideas on this approach? Also thinking about getting a 2 GB graphics card, a GTX 550 Ti. Comments please.

Cleaning the contacts and reseating shouldn't hurt anything. Would be a good chance too to try the other video slot on the MB if there is one. As for the video card, check out GPU crunching first. While WCG doesn't support GPU crunching on its projects (now), there are some other BOINC projects that do that MOT is at.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Oct 14, 2011 1:43:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

10 days in a row of 1,000,000+ points per day!!!

DANG! Now I wonder if I jinxed us! wink Still, the number of members returning a result each day has dropped and is becoming a concern. What I hate is that we'll never know just why since there's no real (effective) way to contact/communicate with team members.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Oct 14, 2011 1:49:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Would have made it if my Internet wireless connector to Franky had not failed such that 229 finish tasks were not up load! Tomorrow will be a great day! As for fewer crunchers, it certainly is a labor of love and not all cut out for it! Also the economy for many is crushing them and it may be crunch or eat!! Regardless it is great to have a big team and great members like we do. Would love to hear from some of the more quite team members! Hey it is easy just type.
[Oct 14, 2011 3:07:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Congratulations dKt and lawrencehardin on your new milestones!!!
[Oct 14, 2011 3:10:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:

coffee coffee coffeeGood Morning Team coffee coffee coffee
Out all day yesterday and will be again today.
Congratulations dkt and lawrencehardin! applause applause
I will have one of my I7s and one of my atoms down about a week unavoidably so numbers will be down a bit.

Everyone have a great day.
One of your friends in Texas cowboy
RT Website Hosting

[Oct 14, 2011 11:29:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Keith, as far as the GPU processing goes, I was reading about the performance that could be obtained in the HCC forum for WCG. It would appear that some attention is being given to doing the processing on the GPU, but I don't know how this would be invoked. Perhaps as another thread for a system with a compatible GPU.
[Oct 14, 2011 6:18:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GeraldRube
Master Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Keith, as far as the GPU processing goes, I was reading about the performance that could be obtained in the HCC forum for WCG. It would appear that some attention is being given to doing the processing on the GPU, but I don't know how this would be invoked. Perhaps as another thread for a system with a compatible GPU.

We have a team here--http://www.gpugrid.net/join.php --- http://www.gpugrid.net/team_display.php?teamid=678

[Edit 1 times, last edit by GeraldRube at Oct 14, 2011 8:06:20 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 7:51:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I understand the performance of GPU's is huge! I remember that since I joined in 2008 they have been talking about using it for WCG. Bet we break a record today for points!!!
[Oct 15, 2011 1:43:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 546   Pages: 55   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread