Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1097 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
seippel
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Resizing of HPF2 work units

For future work units, we have decreased the average run time from 9 hours to 6 hours for this project. This will allow users with slower computers or computers which are available less time to have a better chance of completing work units for this project. It will take about 20 days for the existing longer work units to be sent out, so the new shorter work units won't be seen until after this time.

Seippel
[Apr 12, 2012 10:22:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Resizing of HPF2 work units

This is excellent news! Thanks!
[Apr 13, 2012 3:53:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

this is a good news. It means that if my pc now takes 3 hours it will take 2 hours...
[Apr 29, 2012 2:46:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

:O , that's 3 times faster than the project average, which btw has not budged a minute... the average times are creeping up [just like having a fever, not having reached the break point]. Looking at 9.63 hours for the day and 9.45 hours for the 7 day rolling period.

--//--
[Apr 29, 2012 2:53:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

From Sek's charts it seems that, as of today, Hours/Result for HPF2 have started to drop, but only a little bit, down to 8.98. That could be just a random behavior, but maybe some of the shorter WU's have started to appear.

Any update on the new WU's will be appreciated cool
[May 8, 2012 8:25:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yes, I can confirm I have seen all new WUs around 7 hrs, not really 6, but it could be my machines are slightly slower than the average.
[May 8, 2012 8:53:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread