Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6995 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
E-mail "Computing for Sustainable Water - Project Launch and Webcast" had wrong statistics [Resolved]

Hi guys,

I didn't want to pollute the problems thread or the welcome thread with this, but I thought you ought to know that the project launch e-mail that was sent out had the wrong statistics for me, so presumably there is some sort of issue with either the database or an access script that you might want to take a look at.

The e-mail said:

Run Time: 10,475 days
Results: 32,922
Last Result: January 31, 2012

whereas the Statistics (By Members) page on the web, which I believe to be correct, says:

Registered Member Since 11/16/2004
Total Run Time (y:d:h:m:s) 39:206:14:47:05 (which is 14441 days)
Points Generated 33,863,709
Results Returned 67,991
Last Result Returned 18/04/12 (I return multiple results every day)

Mmm, I've just noticed the inconsistent date formats on the web page too. (Sorry to be a pesky European!)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Apr 18, 2012 4:58:07 PM]
[Apr 18, 2012 11:10:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bieberj
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: E-mail "Computing for Sustainable Water - Project Launch and Webcast" had wrong statistics

I got the same bad statistics as well.
[Apr 18, 2012 12:10:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GleanerC
Advanced Cruncher
Tuvalu
Project Badges:
Re: E-mail "Computing for Sustainable Water - Project Launch and Webcast" had wrong statistics

I received the same incorrect stats in my email.

Agent GleanerC /out
[Apr 18, 2012 12:42:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Ooooh, well spotted, my CFSW email stats were the same incorrect ones as all the above, too sad

I wonder whom they belong to?? devilish
[Apr 18, 2012 12:54:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Not my stats either

Dataman@BC is not correct either.

confused

[Apr 18, 2012 1:52:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

I'm going to throw myself under the bus on this one. This was a mistake by me. The stats you see are static which means the sendEmail program did not get the release to populate with individual member stats. So these stats were from the alpha grid a few months ago, which were my stats as Tony wants to know :). I have put a step in the send email process that I use to say *VERIFY STATS* plus some other words of explanation for future emails. Also, I am going to put a check in the script to output a warning if some of the common stats aren't used.

On a side note, the new functionality that I had been concerned about worked perfectly. No members received a taunt about trying to get hcmd2 or dddt2 badges.

Anyways, I'm glad that members were checking their stats, I am sorry that it was populated with the wrong information. If you would like me to resend you the email with your stats let me know. Please note that we are planning to have another email blast for the recap on the Computing for Sustainable Water Webcast within the next few weeks.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Apr 18, 2012 2:16:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

I don't think you need to resend the email as that would just highlight it to more people. You should expect to GET some email on it. Actually, I didn't even notice it until Apis posted it. 2 cents.

peace

[Apr 18, 2012 2:26:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Dataman,

I guess my comment wasn't clear. If someone would like for the email to be sent to them personally, I can send it to them again with the proper stats. I'm not planning on sending to all World Community Grid members.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Apr 18, 2012 2:34:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

As always, thanks for the down-to-earth honest explanation, Uplinger smile. The alpha grid origin also shows why the stats seemed potentially sad - 5 years on the grid but then no results for over 2 months: I'm much happier that there's a technical reason!
Certainly no need for my email to be resent.
[Apr 18, 2012 2:45:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks for the explanation, Keith. Glad there's no real problem. (And I hope it's a toy bus -- we couldn't do without you!)
[Apr 18, 2012 4:57:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread