Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 26
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3758 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Sabrina Tarson
Advanced Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: HCMD2 failing to download

I found that shortly after posting. Thank you.
----------------------------------------
[Oct 6, 2012 2:10:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Steve W
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

I just got one of these:

10/10/2012 14:38:05 World Community Grid Temporarily failed download of hcmd2.2QOV_P.clustersOccur.pdb.gzb: HTTP error

Numerous failures to download, so aborted and immediately got a different task which downloaded correctly.

So there are problematic WU are still floating out there. sad
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Steve W at Oct 10, 2012 2:11:09 PM]
[Oct 10, 2012 1:45:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Byteball_730a2960
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

A question for the techs out there.
How many of these workunits are there out there?

I keep getting them as I am currently running HCMD2 on most of my computers.
A lot of them run a 0day buffer and I cannot check them for a few days. having aborted 19 of these recently, I would conservatively say that I have lost at least 60 days of computing, maybe as much as 100.

I was wondering if there is anyway of stopping these from being sent out? I have no idea what is causing the issue but could they be stopped/server aborted and then sent out again when the problem is fixed?

I appreciate that GPU HCC has gone live and you have much bigger fish to fry, but if you have the time, could this be looked into? That is if there are still a lot of these units out there. If there are only a few, then it is not worth it. Your expertise is better spent elsewhere.
[Oct 11, 2012 12:55:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello vcd683s,
armstrdj posted that this is being looked into: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...ead,33933_offset,0#395214
knreed said that they might just run these units internally: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...ead,33964_offset,0#395211

Lawrence
[Oct 11, 2012 1:42:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Byteball_730a2960
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thank you so much Lawrence.
I did not see those posts and I appreciate the quick reply.
[Oct 11, 2012 3:31:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Workunits with 'G.clustersOccur.pdb.gzb' in them will now be downloaded properly.

Workunits with 'P.clustersOccur.pdb.gzb' in them will get an error currently (but quickly instead of hanging) and will shortly beging to download properly. We apologize for the delay in resolving this issue.
[Oct 11, 2012 12:35:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread