Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 363
Posts: 363   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 72201 times and has 362 replies Next Thread
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: HCC GPU APP HAS LAUNCHED.

Thats the crazy thing, I have HCC checked only. Guess I will have to uninstall boinc next as it seems its stuck on HFCC.

That is weird. Never seen anything like that.

If you haven't already I recommend you update to version 7.0.36 and uninstall the old version before installing the new.
----------------------------------------
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by nanoprobe at Oct 27, 2012 12:04:03 AM]
[Oct 27, 2012 12:03:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thats the crazy thing, I have HCC checked only. Guess I will have to uninstall boinc next as it seems its stuck on HFCC.

That is weird. Never seen anything like that.

If you haven't already I recommend you update to version 7.0.36 and uninstall the old version before installing the new.

Already on 7.0.26. Have never seen this issue before either. Had to shut down my 6950 too due to driver kick out or wu hanging. Was about to put my fist through my monitor but just shut off gpu crunching until I cool down and try again.
One thought though is I put a 6970 bios into the 6950 (small tweek) and starting to think this is giving some issues. All it did was unlock the shaders that were block and sold as a 6950.
The joy of GPU crunching. crying
Would detach work just as good instead of a total uninstall?
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bearcat at Oct 27, 2012 1:21:26 AM]
[Oct 27, 2012 12:53:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

BIOS update should have no effect AKAIK. I would still update to latest Boinc. The higher versions are better optimized to run GPU projects. Until we can find out why you keep getting HFCC tasks errors showing up in the messages things won't work. Do you have your advanced preferences on your profile where it asks Allow tasks to run on my CPU? set to no? Also check to make sure you don't have a check mark next to If there is no work for the projects I have selected send me work from other projects.
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Oct 27, 2012 1:25:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I removed the app file and back to crunching 1 GPU along with HFCC so I know things are working. I know it will crunch 3 as when I did do the switch to app_info.xml, it kept what I had, showing local in front of the wu name, but wiped out everything else. Crunched 3 under 3 minutes so this card has some power.
As for why it hung up on HFCC, beats me. Maybe something hung up in boinc. Wondering since I have boinc on main drive and wu crunching from another drive could be the culprit.

[Oct 27, 2012 1:58:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

<app_info>
<app>
<name>hcc1</name>
<user_friendly_name>Help Conquer Cancer</user_friendly_name>
</app>
<file_info>
<name>wcg_hcc1_img_6.56_windows_intelx86__ati_hcc1</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>
<file_info>
<name>hcckernel.cl.6.56</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>
<app_version>
<app_name>hcc1</app_name>
<version_num>656</version_num>
<platform>windows_intelx86</platform>
<plan_class>ati_hcc1</plan_class>
<avg_ncpus>1.0</avg_ncpus>
<max_ncpus>1.0</max_ncpus>
<coproc>
<type>ATI</type>
<count>.25</count>
</coproc>
<file_ref>
<file_name>wcg_hcc1_img_6.56_windows_intelx86__ati_hcc1</file_name>
<main_program/>
</file_ref>
<file_ref>
<file_name>hcckernel.cl.6.56</file_name>
<open_name>hcckernel.cl</open_name>
</file_ref>
</app_version>
</app_info>

Just noticed something. In the middle of this, it shows 656 instead of 6.56. Could this be the issue?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bearcat at Oct 27, 2012 2:10:01 AM]
[Oct 27, 2012 2:08:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The app_info files all have the decimal removed in that line.
[Oct 27, 2012 2:52:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Look at version_num. Its the only one without a decimal.

[Oct 27, 2012 2:57:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

That's the line I was refering to. All app_info files that I have seen, not just for this project, also have no decimal in the version_num line. That's just how the code works.

I'm running the nVidia version that has the same missing decimal with no problems.
[Oct 27, 2012 4:45:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

I removed the app file and back to crunching 1 GPU along with HFCC so I know things are working. I know it will crunch 3 as when I did do the switch to app_info.xml, it kept what I had, showing local in front of the wu name, but wiped out everything else. Crunched 3 under 3 minutes so this card has some power.
As for why it hung up on HFCC, beats me. Maybe something hung up in boinc. Wondering since I have boinc on main drive and wu crunching from another drive could be the culprit.

Now I see why you're getting the HFCC thing. You can't run an app_info for the GPU and crunch CPU tasks at the same time without HFCC code added to the app_info file. if you don't have that extra code your CPU tasks will error out. Test the app_info with no CPU tasks running or in your cache and I bet it will work. I have seen app_info files that include running other CPU projects but not HFCC. I'll see if I can find one.

[Oct 27, 2012 10:06:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Now I see why you're getting the HFCC thing. You can't run an app_info for the GPU and crunch CPU tasks at the same time without HFCC code added to the app_info file. if you don't have that extra code your CPU tasks will error out. Test the app_info with no CPU tasks running or in your cache and I bet it will work. I have seen app_info files that include running other CPU projects but not HFCC. I'll see if I can find one.

I really don't care to crunch anything else but GPU on the one machine with the new card. Will this work.....
<app_info>
<app>
<name>hcc1</name>
<user_friendly_name>Help Conquer Cancer</user_friendly_name>
</app>

<file_info>
<name>wcg_hcc1_img_6.56_windows_intelx86__ati_hcc1</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>

<file_info>
<name>hcckernel.cl.6.56</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>

<file_info>
<name>wcg_hcc1_img_6.56_windows_intelx86</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>

<app_version>
<plan_class>ati_hcc1</plan_class>
<avg_ncpus>1.0</avg_ncpus>
<max_ncpus>0.783972</max_ncpus>
<coproc>
<type>ATI</type>
<count>.5</count>
</coproc>
<file_ref>
<file_name>wcg_hcc1_img_6.56_windows_intelx86__ati_hcc1</file_name>
<main_program/>
</file_ref>
<file_ref>
<file_name>hcckernel.cl.6.56</file_name>
<open_name>hcckernel.cl</open_name>
</file_ref>
</app_version>

<app_version>
<avg_ncpus>1.000000</avg_ncpus>
<max_ncpus>1.000000</max_ncpus>
<flops>3231932486.733310</flops>
<api_version>6.13.0</api_version>
<file_ref>
<file_name>wcg_hcc1_img_6.56_windows_intelx86</file_name>
<main_program/>
</file_ref>
</app_version>

</app_info>

Got this from xtremesystems.

[Oct 27, 2012 1:20:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 363   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread