Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3383 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: WCG T-Shirt! High Resolution WCG picture, banner, sign?

The WCG logo has been discussed in earlier threads. In particular, in http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=1411#8884 which refers to the earlier http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=788

My opinion is that the logo is a trade mark, which means that lawyers will always resist allowing indiscriminate use of it. I have always urged people to develop unofficial logos for the World Community Grid to allow unbridled creative uses. Since the current chevron emphasizes the Grid (in our current loosely-coupled cluster of computers), I suggest that we emphasize the World, by creating various types of globes.

Lawrence
[Jul 28, 2005 10:25:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hmmmm a globe with a network of linked pc's spanning continents all joined and meeting the WCG logo in the centre.
[Jul 28, 2005 10:27:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Graham Thanks. Can I ask you for one favor. Could you make a big WCG sign? I mean big big. This green V sign. It will help me a lot. This picture that you already put here I think to put it on front of the shirt. Maybe in the middle of the chest or something like that. On the back the idea is tu put big WCG sign and from left to right shoulder url.
[Jul 29, 2005 8:01:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

another way of approaching it is to have a selling line like:

Cancer saved my life

and a filler with the logo

Cancer saved my life
by introducing me to wcg

...PS I know the layout is rubbish - I just want to get the concept across
[Jul 29, 2005 5:40:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

another way of approaching it is to have a selling line like:

Cancer saved my life

and a filler with the logo

Cancer saved my life
by introducing me to wcg

...PS I know the layout is rubbish - I just want to get the concept across

Thats a good idea I was thinking about putting an ad. in our local newspaper
[Aug 3, 2005 10:19:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Graham Thanks. Can I ask you for one favor. Could you make a big WCG sign? I mean big big. This green V sign. It will help me a lot. This picture that you already put here I think to put it on front of the shirt. Maybe in the middle of the chest or something like that. On the back the idea is tu put big WCG sign and from left to right shoulder url.

There you go

[Aug 3, 2005 10:50:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello everyone,

Don't want to pour water on all of this wonderful creativity, but I know that IBM has given exclusive merchandising rights to one company for World Community Grid merchandise. I am trying to gather the information on the name of the merchant, website, etc. and will post back as soon as I receive the information.

Thanks!
[Aug 3, 2005 6:34:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

make sure you get at least 1 web link on the t-shirt that's in a high seen area.

something on the back?
[Aug 3, 2005 7:35:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 4, 2005 5:49:55 PM]
[Aug 4, 2005 5:23:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

looks better without the www. at the start and will still work

could anybody buy/donate a more catchy domain name, perhaps, and use that with a instant re-direct link to the WCG main page?
[Aug 4, 2005 6:01:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread