Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 462
Posts: 462   Pages: 47   [ Previous Page | 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20577 times and has 461 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Team Andrax

Hi JC.

I just got a message from a teammate on my primary team. I didn't know they were here. I'm gonna go and join them, but it's been a nice stopover here. Thanks for the campgrounds. Don't be a stranger, ok?
[Sep 16, 2005 5:08:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Hi JC.

I just got a message from a teammate on my primary team. I didn't know they were here. I'm gonna go and join them, but it's been a nice stopover here. Thanks for the campgrounds. Don't be a stranger, ok?

Not a problem, Gromit! Thanks for stopping by! peace
----------------------------------------

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Sep 16, 2005 5:28:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

im opposed to it joing a larger team

name change is ok if we dont lose any stats at all

small teams are better

and our team is doing great so id like to leave it as it is

Done. We will not join a large Team.

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Sep 16, 2005 5:56:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Congrats to:

4inez for going over 50,000 points!

yorkyboyuk2001 going past 120,000 points (actually getting very close to 125,000)!

chowbow going past 15,000 points!

Miss C going past 135,000 points (and nearing 1,000 results)!

applause

Rets, interesting idea about Conferences. cool

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Johnny Cool at Sep 16, 2005 9:06:50 PM]
[Sep 16, 2005 9:04:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Congrats to:

4inez for going over 50,000 points!

yorkyboyuk2001 going past 120,000 points (actually getting very close to 125,000)!

chowbow going past 15,000 points!

Miss C going past 135,000 points (and nearing 1,000 results)!

applause

Rets, interesting idea about Conferences. cool

Congrats to all da ladies and gents ... great 3 wheelers you have there... laughing
[Sep 16, 2005 9:45:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

3 wheelers? laughing

On a different note, the only way this Team could get large is if:

1. WCG offers Cancer work units in the October-November time frame
2. The Grid continues to really mess up.

I think those odds are quite low.

And for those who object to the name of Team Andrax, let me make this very clear. Andrax is the handle for the Gentleman who runs Andrax.net.

Andraxians (the Members there) have a wide range of diverse opinions and the Members there consist of a wide range of occupations ...

Doctors, Lawyers, IT Pros, Architects, Students at prominent Universities, Airline Pilots, Presidents of their own companies, self-employed foks and regular worker bees like myself, etc.

It was my idea to use the term "Andrax" as meaning:

Andrax: a term that means a total annihilation of a disease

Andrax had approved that, as he is very committed to Charity causes.

It is our hope that this term will soon be listed in Wikipedia some day.

So what is wrong with that term? It is indeed a cause or causes why we all crunch. good luck

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Johnny Cool at Sep 17, 2005 1:07:17 AM]
[Sep 17, 2005 1:03:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thnks JC - I am sure the logic is sound. Like most things, there must something in the name that does not click - Andrax has been exploited by all sorts of games and I donot consider crunching a game - FUN - YES; Game - no!

I guess this is "my" brain playing games and not allowing me to accept the name.... nothing rational JC
[Sep 17, 2005 7:29:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thnks JC - I am sure the logic is sound. Like most things, there must something in the name that does not click - Andrax has been exploited by all sorts of games and I donot consider crunching a game - FUN - YES; Game - no!

JC. As with all brand names you need to be careful of their word association in other countries. Andrax is very close (one letter different) to a brand of bathroom tissue, here in the UK! I suspect that average member has no idea what Andrax means. Ditto on the rest. biggrin
[Sep 17, 2005 7:55:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

JC. As with all brand names you need to be careful of their word association in other countries. Andrax is very close (one letter different) to a brand of bathroom tissue, here in the UK! I suspect that average member has no idea what Andrax means. Ditto on the rest. biggrin

I understand the issue of branding Internationally. Many funny mistakes by many countries. I do know about the "Andrex Puppy" and that horrible name that Kimberly-Clark gave for toilet tissue there.

Given that, lets think about names! There are many Teams at the Grid with cool names and themes.

Naturally, I do not want to copy any Team's name or actual theme.

The Team I offer as an example there is called "Wanderlust" and they start their threads "Sailing The Seven Seas". When you see there team page (to join or look at their numbers, they have this really cool graphic there:

http://www.wanderlustonline.com/pic17968.jpg

See? They can easily recruit Internationally.

I also like themes about the sea and Tall Ships, Atlantis, or even pirates! LOL!

Perhaps some ship name (or even a schooner or something famous like that raft "the Kon-Tiki".

Anyways, it's just a start.

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Sep 17, 2005 6:55:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Captain Pugwash laughing

Cutty Sark

Sloop J C

A 'riggin' good team

The oarsmen

Wayfarers

Land ahoy me hearties

Deck scrubbers shock
[Sep 17, 2005 7:38:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 462   Pages: 47   [ Previous Page | 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread