Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14594
Posts: 14594   Pages: 1460   [ Previous Page | 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 746132 times and has 14593 replies Next Thread
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Morning Update II

Quite surprised to see me there (not sure if I've ever made it before?) - I take it that means I was 4,576th in the world for points for yesterday??

Yes that's correct.

It is only a snapshot of the day's performance and is influenced by project mix, P/V status and even day of the week, amongst other things. Nevertheless it's a great achievement. biggrin
----------------------------------------

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[May 12, 2014 10:38:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crooks_uk
Veteran Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
Re: Morning Update II

Good afternoon team,

Congratulations to Clockwork on the new milestone and GrumpyCat on yet another PB!
[May 12, 2014 12:09:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: In Other News

I wish I knew what I was doing! d oh

Depending on browser and settings different people may see different things but in Firefox almost all of my posts show the l/h column with 5 badges across apart from today's Morning Update II where the l/h panel is only 2 badges wide! thinking

If I knew why it would be useful when trying to format wide data tables!

In Chrome it is only ONE badge wide wink
[May 12, 2014 12:29:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
LunchCrunch Report

Congratulations to the following UK team members on achieving a personal milestone in the lunchtime update: biggrin hugs

Couling 1 years RunTime
Steven Langston moves above 10,000 in the Points Rankings to #9,997

UK team midday crunch:
					                    	Hours			
RunTime 217.2 laughing 5,214
7day Avg 217.8 5,226
April 217.2 laughing 5,214
March 186.1 4,464

No. Of Members Active This Morning:									
Total 57 out of 114

Group 1 25 ,, ,, 28
Group 2 15 ,, ,, 18
Group 3 11 ,, ,, 21
Group 4 5 ,, ,, 22
InAct New 1 ,, ,, 4
InActive 0 ,, ,, 21
Group 7 0 ,, ,, 0

Congratulations on New Badges at the last update:									

Dr Orange Silver Mapping Cancer Markers

[May 12, 2014 1:26:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

I wish I knew what I was doing! d oh

Depending on browser and settings different people may see different things but in Firefox almost all of my posts show the l/h column with 5 badges across apart from today's Morning Update II where the l/h panel is only 2 badges wide! thinking

If I knew why it would be useful when trying to format wide data tables!

In Chrome it is only ONE badge wide wink

I know Alan's a fan of Chrome whereas I've always been Firefox since I saw the light about IE.

What are other peoples' opinion/preference? Firefox/Chrome/Other. I assume everyone is savvy enoigh to have moved away from IE?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jonnieb-uk at May 12, 2014 1:31:21 PM]
[May 12, 2014 1:30:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

....and the midday is 3 badges wide confused
[May 12, 2014 1:33:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dr Orange
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Clearly I'm not savvy enough - as I use IE (had used Firefox for many years until it started crashing on me)
[Heck - I'm getting very chatty today]
[May 12, 2014 2:58:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
genhos
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Using Chrome here at work.

Morning Update 1 was 3 wide, 2 was 1 wide (and went off the edge of the screen), 3 was 3 wide and Lunch is 1 wide.
d oh confused

And Dr Orange, it's always good to have another voice in the thread.

Right, final works cuppa of the day coffee
[Edit 1 times, last edit by genhos at May 12, 2014 3:23:00 PM]
[May 12, 2014 3:21:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

What are other peoples' opinion/preference? Firefox/Chrome/Other. I assume everyone is savvy enoigh to have moved away from IE?

Personally I have always used Mozilla's browsers (and mail clients). I currently use Firefox and Thunderbird (with the Lightning calendar extension) on my lappie, and Seamonkey (again with Lightning) on a deskside that's a bit light on memory. Seamonkey has a smaller footprint because mail and browser are combined into one codebase, but that means that it's always behind Firefox and Thunderbird with fixes.

I viewed Opera with interest when it first arrived as it was always felt to be the most standards compliant browser, but I didn't find it as usable as Firefox.

I've always steered clear of Chrome because of who owns it. My understanding, however is, that it is very well thought of and I would certainly consider using Chromium (which, I understand, is what Chrome is based upon). But right now I'm very happy with Firefox and do not intend to change.

A recent article on PC Advisor (no affiliation) concluded:

Chrome and Opera share the best browser spot because they are the fastest, they support the latest web standards, and have lots of extensions that add extra features. Chrome is best if you have a Google account, but if you don’t then Opera is fine. Firefox and Internet Explorer are OK and offer similar performance, but Firefox has the advantage of having a large library of add-ons and it works with old versions of Windows. Internet Explorer on Windows 7/8 is much improved and if add-ons aren’t important, it’s as good as, and perhaps better than Firefox.

[May 12, 2014 4:21:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
genhos
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Re: Morning Update

@ genhos

Based on the usual 28day average your're currently falling short by -2.7 RTd -14,706 Pts -25 Res in your daily crunching to achieve the qualifying level to become a Global5000 contender. sad

Thanks for that JonnieB. Not surprised about the number of results, as I've been on a bit of a CEP2 run so quite a few fairly long units and most of my FA@H units have been Vina ones which seem in general to be longer running ones too, got 4 on the go at the moment and they are looking to be 8 to 12 hours long.
[May 12, 2014 10:16:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 14594   Pages: 1460   [ Previous Page | 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread