Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1291 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New Product Opportunity for IBM!

....I want a cut of all profits, intellectual property rights! tongue

You'll have to come and collect in person, preferably in January. laughing
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 19, 2013 10:35:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
raziel1
Cruncher
Project Badges:

taking into considertation of the amount of heat produced from cpus with their power consumed vs the amount of heat produced from heater vs the power consumed.

which one is more efficient in heating? this way if cruching can produce more heat on a per watt basis, I would really think on the alternative of crunching rather than using a heater at all :)
[Aug 19, 2013 11:55:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

taking into considertation of the amount of heat produced from cpus with their power consumed vs the amount of heat produced from heater vs the power consumed.

which one is more efficient in heating? this way if cruching can produce more heat on a per watt basis, I would really think on the alternative of crunching rather than using a heater at all :)

Maybe so, but heat lamps are a sight lot cheaper than a computer. Also with a heat lamp I can direct the heat to a small area, rather than the room in general. And after about 3 weeks the chicks have enough feathers where I can start phasing out the heat lamps.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 20, 2013 1:23:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

How many WU's per hour does a heat lamp do? biggrin
[Aug 20, 2013 4:59:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Hey, I said this same thing long ago. It's already patented. wink

As far as questioning whether a heater is more effective: Watts is Watts.

Cheers coffee

[Aug 20, 2013 5:35:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Shhh or everyone will want the "heat lamp" wu s laughing
[Aug 20, 2013 6:39:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yoro42
Ace Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

If an A/C unit is being used to cool the room your computers are in (computer room?) one could use the A/Cs heat exhaust to warm the greenhouse. An appropriate heat exchanger and insulated piping to the greenhouse could do the trick. An over complication?

[Aug 20, 2013 10:07:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Zero, but not everything is grid compatible. Maybe some smart electrical engineer could embed a wireless processor in the heat lamp and make a dual purpose device. Then why stop with heat lamps, but go to every light bulb. Think of the possibilities if every time you turned on the lights you were crunching a WU.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 20, 2013 11:46:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jack007
Master Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

I have a number of my systems in a barn where I raise my new chicks in the spring.Cheers

Sure beats dating

[Sep 17, 2013 2:02:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread