Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 23
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1745 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Server not downloading work

The repeated file download issue should be resolved.

Sorry Kevin, just downloaded a heck of a lot of gifs etc after a User REquest. Seems only to happen when the request succeeds, Taks are reported successfully, CPU tasks are requested but messages to say Tasks For MCM, CEP2, Auto dock, are NOT AVAILABLE. If the Request fails due to high server load, no files are sent. wink
[Nov 14, 2013 7:04:52 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

What happens is that when you get the high load warning, the client deletes those files. Then when you next get a successful communication, it downloads those files.

So a number of people will get one more download to replace the absent files then it will be resolved for them.
[Nov 14, 2013 7:10:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Just tested and that seems to work now, no more downloaded after the first failure to get work. biggrin biggrin biggrin
[Nov 14, 2013 7:17:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I am managing to get new tasks now on all my machines, so that increase to around 22 per second seems to have worked biggrin
[Nov 14, 2013 8:01:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rickjb
Veteran Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

Scribe: "I am managing to get new tasks now on all my machines, so that increase to around 22 per second seems to have worked"
Sorry, but the server is still running out of WUs intermittently.

I've seen the science programs' support files (gif, png, etc) downloading too. Thanks for the explanation of what's happening with them, but I can't work out a reason for the BOINC client to be programmed to delete the originals.

Deleting support files & program binaries from completed projects and completed beta tests would make sense though ...
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rickjb at Nov 14, 2013 2:32:53 PM]
[Nov 14, 2013 2:29:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

One thing observed, which actually started before the major re-fetches of the standard 'permanents' if you will, was watching when MCM work would run out in its early days and then when getting new work it was downloading the ''permanents'' again to include the 32MB txt file. Then sleeping through this all, thankfully, visited this mornings client logs and saw that even though FAHV and CEP2 work was on the various devices, these permanents were being downloaded time and again for these sciences. That was the puzzling part... for sciences which had work on board and being crunched. Don't mind if stickies and perms are removed from a host if a particular science is deselected in the associated profile [The amount of crud in the WCG project folder is substantial... DSFL, GFAM a whole slew of BETA versions]. That said, it looked like it was only the small glossy stuff that blows the DL bandwidth which BOINC measures and uses as a work fetch criterion, not like the 200MB permanent application files that a Linux box gets when receiving the first CEP2 work.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 14, 2013 2:59:31 PM]
[Nov 14, 2013 2:56:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Barnsley_Tatts
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I've been getting the "World Community Grid Message from server: Message from server: We are currently experiencing high load and are temporarily deferring your scheduler request. Your client will automatically try again later." message all night, it's now 04:40 GMT here in the uk.

With an occasional message:

2013/11/16 05:38:30 World Community Grid Message from server: No tasks are available for FightAIDS@Home - AutoDock

2013/11/16 05:41:40 World Community Grid Message from server: No tasks are available for FightAIDS@Home - Vina

2013/11/16 05:41:40 World Community Grid Message from server: Project has no tasks available

:(

[Nov 16, 2013 5:42:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Same here.............. sad
[Nov 16, 2013 5:56:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

I think I have seen that every day during this time frame these last days.
Some daily housekeeping or maintenance activity, maybe?
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Nov 16, 2013 7:35:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hopefully yes, we will have to wait and see if it recovers sometime this morning biggrin
[Nov 16, 2013 7:39:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread