Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 88
Posts: 88   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
This topic has been viewed 35560 times and has 87 replies Next Thread
jhindo
Former World Community Grid Admin
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Phase 2 of FightAIDS@Home Launch

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm for this new phase of FightAIDS@Home.

To confirm: FightAIDS@Home Phase 2 is not a GPU project and does not run on Android.
[Sep 30, 2015 11:49:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
l_mckeon
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
biggrin Re: Phase 2 of FightAIDS@Home Launch

What are the minimum system requirements (or tell me where to look)?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by l_mckeon at Oct 1, 2015 12:58:32 AM]
[Oct 1, 2015 12:55:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Minimum requirements:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=minimumreq

Research Project.......Memory Available .....Disk Space...Operating Systems
FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2 ......250 MB .....100 MB ....Windows1, Mac2, Linux1,2

1. Version for x86 processors is available
2. Version for x86-64 processors is available

[Oct 1, 2015 1:09:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ssez222
Cruncher
Project Badges:

How have you gathered 300 threads?!?!?!
[Oct 1, 2015 3:14:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mumak
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I've got about 45 threads dedicated to WCG (OET1, CEP2, FAH2 selected). However since the start of FAH2, only one of my machines has got 4 tasks, others nothing. Is this running at low priority ?

Another thing I have also noticed (which doesn't belong in this section) is that I have a custom profile for an Atom machine, where I don't want to run CEP2, so this is disabled there. And when a new project is added, or moved to intermittent, this custom profile gets reset to the value of my global project settings.

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Mumak at Oct 1, 2015 6:09:22 AM]
[Oct 1, 2015 6:04:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

Will the new phase run on Android devices?

+1
With the given 100K sized tasks and 4 day [seeming standard **] deadline, as unlikely as unlikely can be. If my laptop does them in 22 hours, they'd be running 100+ hours on smartphones. If sized to hardware, as always, first a beta... not seen it.

** This was also hinted at during / in the beta thread.

FAHB is not ported to Android devices, yet:
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=minimumreq

not sure about if it will be?!
confused

Does anyone know whether GPU processing is enabled for Phase 2 ?

check sys reqs:
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=minimumreq
cool
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by KLiK at Oct 1, 2015 6:40:15 AM]
[Oct 1, 2015 6:34:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

Welcome to new scientist team and a big thankyou to wcg team for pushing this project into production.

[Oct 1, 2015 7:57:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris Skull
Cruncher
Project Badges:

However since the start of FAH2, only one of my machines has got 4 tasks, others nothing. Is this running at low priority ?

Same here... got only 4 tasks at one machine... maybe only the big boys get all the tasks :-p
[Oct 1, 2015 10:00:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

However since the start of FAH2, only one of my machines has got 4 tasks, others nothing. Is this running at low priority ?

Same here... got only 4 tasks at one machine... maybe only the big boys get all the tasks :-p

probably d resource share for FAHB is low...we might not get so many tasks, until it got raised...

why is it low?
- maybe 'cause we have to finish MCM & FA@h these days...
- maybe the feeder is TOO LOW...
cool
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Oct 1, 2015 10:44:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rickjb
Veteran Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

Congratulations to all of the people who've worked to get this new phase of FAAH launched.
I hope that the "high level physical theory and computations" that are new to FAAH will improve the accuracy of the modelling of the ligand-target binding energies.

The fact that modelling with AutoDock and VINA has produced false-positives (FPs) proves that there is significant divergence between reality and predictions computed so far. Thus it is very likely that there are many false-negatives (FNs) as well as false-positives, and for some time I have thought that eliminating some of the former would be even more important than eliminating the latter. With the FPs there is the possibility of applying refined computational modelling as is being done with FAHB, or of testing them the hard way, ie by experiment with the actual ligand molecules. However, I assume that the positive results from FAAH Phase 1, both false and real, are only a small proportion of the ligands screened. Screening the negatives using the real chemicals is not feasible and is of course what FAAH is designed to replace, while it would seem that using BEDAM on our CPUs may be too slow. The FNs could be lost from further testing "forever".

Running BEDAM on GPUs may provide an answer, and according to the target of the link cited above ( http://www.compmolbiophysbc.org/project-updat...enmmagbnpbedammini-summit ), there is some hope of this in the foreseeable future: "We have recently visited Vijay Pande's lab at the SimTk Institute at Stanford University to brain storm on the porting of our BEDAM and AGBNP models to GPU's in OpenMM. We have made a lot of progress and we hope to have an initial prototype by the end of the summer."

Meanwhile, let's hope that running BEDAM with our CPUs on the false-positives will show that it is a much more accurate modelling system, and that there are some real, active and therapeutically excellent ligands out there.
---
I noted a post from knreed, who's still shown as a WCG Tech. Welcome back to the forum! Are you back at WCG, or just a cruncher who also keeps a fatherly eye on happenings in FAAH?
[Oct 1, 2015 12:01:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 88   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread