Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2786 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
ErikaT
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Mapping Cancer Markers project update, December 2015

Hello all,

In this latest Mapping Cancer Markers project update, the researchers discuss the upcoming transition to analyzing ovarian cancer, as well as many other details. Please take the time to check it out!

Thank you,
ErikaT
[Dec 15, 2015 6:41:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dayle Diamond
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Mapping Cancer Markers project update, December 2015

There's a typo - the Table 1 description says "P-values < 0.01 indicate statistical significance." but a few sentences before, it says " We discovered our lists of genes were enriched (present in statistically significant numbers; p ≤ 0.001) in several pathways. See Table 1."

Either only one of the items on that table is statistically significant, or all of them are.
[Dec 15, 2015 7:58:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

thank you.

as someone who lost a Grandma, which practically raised me, to ovarian cancer...I'm emotionally involved in a research here...to all researchers, stuff & participants - thank you from the bottom of my heart!

now, lets do the job at hand!
wink
----------------------------------------
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Dec 15, 2015 8:01:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ErikaT
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

There's a typo - the Table 1 description says "P-values < 0.01 indicate statistical significance." but a few sentences before, it says " We discovered our lists of genes were enriched (present in statistically significant numbers; p ≤ 0.001) in several pathways. See Table 1."

Either only one of the items on that table is statistically significant, or all of them are.
Thank you for letting us know. This was a typo, and has been fixed.

ErikaT
[Dec 15, 2015 8:47:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[CSF] Thomas Dupont
Veteran Cruncher

Thanks my dear Erika for the heads-up cool
And thanks to the MCM crew of scientists for this update.

For the french community >> WCG - Projet MCM / Phase 3 / Cancer du poumon
[Dec 19, 2015 12:54:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dayle Diamond
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Just to clarify, now it says that of the list of ten attributes, only one is statistically significant. So did we discover...just one thing?
[Dec 21, 2015 3:39:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
i_orlandi
Cruncher
LODI
Project Badges:

Hello My Name is Ilario
from italy one ask thi prpject work with gpu card?

many thanks
ilario
[Feb 5, 2016 11:44:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hello Ilario and welcome.

I am afraid none of the projects on World Community grid (WCG) utilize GPU cards now. It is requested often, but the software uses CPU instead of GPU. There are other projects outside WCG that use the GPU, for example https://folding.stanford.edu

Best,
Seoul

[Feb 6, 2016 1:13:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

Corss-posting from HCC project update thread: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewpostinthread?post=518399

Lung cancer work units will run through batch 0022277 and then Ovarian cancer will start with batch number 0122278 (not a typo).

Seippel
[Apr 8, 2016 6:23:44 AM]

Some smart % progress calculating is needed for that 100000 skip, but at least it's evident as of when the new target starts/started. :)))
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SekeRob* at Apr 8, 2016 6:27:17 AM]
[Apr 8, 2016 6:19:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

For those who are interested, looks like the Ovarian cancer batches have been launched - am seeing 012227x on my machine
[Apr 8, 2016 7:40:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread