Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2093 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
QuantumEthos
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
rose Exploits all over the world! Possibly boinc will repair

Exploits all over the world! Perhaps i should have explained the global fight against pirates and hackers, Numerous computers face the daily terror of "The bug"
Personally only 2 months ago Ubuntu has issues with virus invaders.. particularly as the Android system allows a larger number of Linux kernels to be in the world..

For example one android forum has a virus that installs on Linux systems and android, The virus simply uses super user privileges to use all the hard drive space on the system primary HDD..

The virus was impossible to repair & required reinstalling Linux..
Only accessing the forum on a clean system gave the game away..
Still unsolved, As for windows there are more than 15 personal cases of infection simply from router exploit & other places,
The sites involves can simply be normal places & the hackers scanning routs or ip addresses..

Phones are hacked, Card stolen & Data theft is at an all time high..
Even worse Software exploitation with or without AV & firewalls is a massive toll on the world of computing & the internet.

Something will have to be done about it; However what we can do remains the issue; Particularly in Linux where development is majority voluntary & AV protection is rare.

As for boinc there is the issue of non secure connections in some projects & also a bug where if the program runs for many Hours of the day the program stalls; The issue appears when an application finalises and uploads work.

Exploits 4 Windows

https://www.cvedetails.com/product/3435/Microsoft-Windows.html?vendor_id=26

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list...Microsoft-Windows-10.html

Exploits 4 Linux
https://www.cvedetails.com/product/47/Linux-Linux-Kernel.html?vendor_id=33

Regards RS https://science.n-helix.com
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by QuantumEthos at May 5, 2019 1:10:32 PM]
[May 3, 2019 1:33:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hchc
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Exploits all over the world! Possibly boinc will repair

I'm not following. Your first link is "Microsoft Windows Vulnerability Statistics." Your second link is "Microsoft Windows 10 Security Vulnerabilities." Your third link is "Linux Kernel Vulnerability Statistics." Your fourth link is a blog that you keep linking to in many of your posts.

I don't see what any of those links has to do with BOINC.

Either I'm too stupid to understand, or you're off your rocker.
  • i3-8100 (Coffee Lake, 4C/4T) @ 3.6 GHz
  • i5-4590 (Haswell, 4C/4T) @ 3.3 GHz
  • E5800 (Wolfdale, 2C/2T) @ 3.2 GHz

[May 4, 2019 5:47:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It's called click baiting. He's on my Ignore Member list.
[May 4, 2019 8:45:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
QuantumEthos
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Sorry mate! had too many problems with hacking and i got too excited about it!
Linux hard drive totally failed, the anti virus only saved it for a few months & Windows got hacked over and over :/

My point is that I r i should say we get very excited when people hack computers ...

I would not say the issue directly faces boinc except that boinc is a target for hackers !

Sorry about that : This post is more about reminding people to get their software updates...

RS
[May 4, 2019 9:40:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It's called click baiting. He's on my Ignore Member list.

+1 wink
[May 5, 2019 1:34:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
QuantumEthos
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
devilish Re: Exploits all over the world! Possibly boinc will repair

there is no click baiting here, I just have multiple re-installs of windows and ubuntu that make me mad!

Cannot blame me for being angry that there are so many bugs..
One does not have to click every link, Even if it is to my research :/

If one has ever read my work perhaps you may enlighten us as to the prevalence of the zikka virus or something?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by QuantumEthos at May 5, 2019 12:46:56 PM]
[May 5, 2019 12:43:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
QuantumEthos
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

SECURITY : 15/05/2019 - Zombie load bug : Intel : said to slow down processors especially with java

Fix-Spectra.bat Enables patches in windows https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M3V9cidSbYn3YLCzpe6_cZpK-33vuRbo

15/05/2019 - Zombie load bug : Intel : said to slow down processors especially with java

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/zombieload-mds...ng-mitigation-performance

How do we avoid the performance loss? Believable solve

Essentially we have to make speculative load cache private to the operating system at a minimum, essentially we can still use masked data load above the system but we need to verify the task ID and PID and where possible tab/Window or process ID.

Essentially we need to trim the dataset to the process in a tree ML.

Processor : Privileged execution by kernel : By application list & Privilege level in regard to the recurved data.

Memory Containment is not just prefetch stack but also system, OS & Process.

Mitigation by security dam , Masking data & Antivirus software.

(c)RS

https://science.n-helix.com/2018/01/microprocessor-bug-meltdown.html
[May 15, 2019 4:32:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Not much of a problem. Exploiting this bug is extremely hard a thing to do, thus there's no big security risks, except those APT attacks(Anonymous or so) and National Cyber Invation(Equation Group, Tailored Access Operations or so wwwwww).
[May 28, 2019 2:05:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

Sorry mate! had too many problems with hacking and i got too excited about it!
Linux hard drive totally failed, the anti virus only saved it for a few months & Windows got hacked over and over :/

My point is that I r i should say we get very excited when people hack computers ...

I would not say the issue directly faces boinc except that boinc is a target for hackers !

Sorry about that : This post is more about reminding people to get their software updates...

RS

What in the world could you be doing to get hacked so much? Where are your software updates? Sounds like BS to me. IMHO Hackers would never ever be interested in BOINC and since WCG is run by IBM....Get the picture? Ever heard of backups? Would eliminate having to do any reinstalls.
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Jun 21, 2019 1:36:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

What in the world could you be doing to get hacked so much?

My guess would be either visiting a bunch of sketchy websites or responding to sketchy or phishing emails. Keeping up with updates, a good antivirus and some common sense would help to minimize(but not eliminate) the risk.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jun 21, 2019 2:21:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread