Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 26
Posts: 26   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8979 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
xterminatordedust
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: status update from isb/nyu

You can help to develop Rosetta software in a BOINC project called Rosetta@home.

Thos project needs volunteers to help developpoing Rosetta, the software used in WCG.

Intersted???? go http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

Thanks for your help. It will help WCG too ;)
[Oct 23, 2005 4:33:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Viktors
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

So with the project 97% of the way done and looking to finish in the next month or two, is there any word on what we'll get to start on next? Just got involved a few weeks ago with my two home computers and looking forward to more crunching!

Very soon! Some heavy duty crunching is on the menu. Get your machines tuned up! smile
[Oct 23, 2005 5:39:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

So with the project 97% of the way done and looking to finish in the next month or two, is there any word on what we'll get to start on next? Just got involved a few weeks ago with my two home computers and looking forward to more crunching!

Very soon! Some heavy duty crunching is on the menu. Get your machines tuned up! smile

Bring it on....... I for one await the new challenge. smile

Rick
[Oct 24, 2005 12:21:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yeah! Bring 'er on! I've got freshly cracked knuckles and I'm ready to rumble. Victor, hope you don't mind me borrowing your new calculating machine for the task.

[Oct 24, 2005 1:38:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dogeye
Cruncher
Project Badges:

kwshank,
If you check New projects....next phase?, you will get the big scoop on your question. Pay special attention to bbover3's comments.
[Oct 24, 2005 1:39:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

kwshank,
If you check New projects....next phase?, you will get the big scoop on your question. Pay special attention to bbover3's comments.

Thanks...that fills me in. Looking forward to the new projects!
[Oct 24, 2005 5:47:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RicktheBrick
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

It has been almost 3 weeks since the last update. It was looking like progress was being made at the rate of 2% a week so with only 3% left I would think that the project should have been completed already.
[Nov 9, 2005 8:16:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi RicktheBrick,

Dr. Bonneau was on an intercontinental trip last week. The last status update was for the 104 batches we have been working on. We recently added another 10? batches of proteins from arabidopsis (a plant) for WCG to crunch. This lets us go on running the HPF project while we try to get the bugs out of Linux. We will soon be starting HIV. We do not want to make all our changes at the same time, which is what might have happened if we had not prolonged HPF.

mycrofth
[Nov 10, 2005 3:49:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
depriens
Senior Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

We recently added another 10? batches of proteins from arabidopsis (a plant) for WCG to crunch.

Is this the reason why the tasks take much longer to complete since last week? I mean, are these proteins more complicated than the previous ones?
Normally it takes a few hours to complete a task (approx. 5hrs). Since the last week most tasks take at least 12 hours to complete and sometimes well over 20 hours.

This is no complaint. I'm just curious, that's all. smile
----------------------------------------

[Nov 11, 2005 12:12:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello depriens,

As far as I know, it is just chance and the type of proteins we are working on. Last year we started out with work units that were normally about 20 hours long, then cut them down to about 10 hours long. But some batches of proteins run really fast, so our estimates are off. The current batch seems to be normal. Incidentally, if you run the Linux work units, you will probably find that they are shorter than the Windows work units. We are still experimenting, trying to find what works best for our members.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 11, 2005 1:27:43 PM]
[Nov 11, 2005 1:26:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 26   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread