Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 925 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Trivia

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, each unit is sub-divided into 4800 equal portions according to the progress %. As each unit corresponds to a 48 hour time period, that means that each time the progress is updated, another 36 seconds of weather in that bit of Africa has been crunched.

Mike
[Feb 25, 2020 5:37:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Trivia

I didn't check your math, but that sounds very interesting!
----------------------------------------
[Feb 25, 2020 5:49:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Out of every 6 updates, one is an increment of 0.020% and 5 are 0.021%, totalling 0.125% (1/800) for the 6.

Mike
[Feb 26, 2020 11:23:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

More trivia.

My PC is in for repair because it died. They haven't contacted me yet but I know they have got it running again because I noticed some arp units had been downloaded on my account. It was set to run wcg automatically.

I now wait to find out how much it will cost!

Mike
[Mar 22, 2020 8:10:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread