Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 450
Posts: 450   Pages: 45   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 248425 times and has 449 replies Next Thread
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Workunits are being sent out

I still have a couple of unresolved work units:
Result name Device name Status Sent time Time due Return time Cpu time/ Elapsed time Claimed credit/ Granted credit
OPN1_0109720_00099_0 DESKTOP-S3VR7C3 Pending Validation 2022-07-09 16:16:35 UTC 2022-07-15 16:16:35 UTC 2022-07-09 17:44:27 UTC 1.3 / 1.3 93.9 / 0
OPN1_0109733_01309_1 DESKTOP-H5HGE91 Pending Validation 2022-07-09 15:41:30 UTC 2022-07-15 15:41:30 UTC 2022-07-09 18:31:05 UTC 1.49 / 1.49 42 / 0

ETA: Posted to let staff know that there may be an issue with WU falling through the cracks. But, it just may be premature on my part.

Since the system is still in testing, the information may be useful from a debugging perspective. 😎
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bfmorse at Jul 14, 2022 7:12:26 PM]
[Jul 14, 2022 3:53:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I still have a couple of unresolved work units:
Result name Device name Status Sent time Time due Return time Cpu time/ Elapsed time Claimed credit/ Granted credit
OPN1_0109720_00099_0 DESKTOP-S3VR7C3 Pending Validation 2022-07-09 16:16:35 UTC 2022-07-15 16:16:35 UTC 2022-07-09 17:44:27 UTC 1.3 / 1.3 93.9 / 0
OPN1_0109733_01309_1 DESKTOP-H5HGE91 Pending Validation 2022-07-09 15:41:30 UTC 2022-07-15 15:41:30 UTC 2022-07-09 18:31:05 UTC 1.49 / 1.49 42 / 0
And?

Looks like your wingman hasn't returned their WUs just yet...

Ralf

[Jul 14, 2022 5:59:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mdxi
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

As I understand it some of the internal stats like the date of last completed are not being updated to preserve live user history (length of street, etc).

The results page has a drop off point of between 3 and 4 days so you would expect it to be empty - mine is but the tasks were showing whilst they were still “current”.

Thanks. I was on vacation last week and haven't been able to keep up with the evolving discussions about what is and is not expected. (And I remembered the results page having more like a week of work available.)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdxi at Jul 14, 2022 6:11:44 PM]
[Jul 14, 2022 6:11:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

The results page entries are not cleared until several days after validation occurs. Any active or pending units will remain until validated plus a few days.
[Jul 14, 2022 7:16:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

The results page entries are not cleared until several days after validation occurs. Any active or pending units will remain until validated plus a few days.
But what happens to the other stats, if those have not been updated with the returned results, and then the validated results get cleared?

Ralf

[Jul 14, 2022 8:21:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alanb1951
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

But what happens to the other stats, if those have not been updated with the returned results, and then the validated results get cleared?

Ralf
I did a code-dive into BOINC server stuff when MilkyWay@Home was having some issues earlier in the year. What follows is based on that...

The standard validator's main code section assigns credit to user (and user+application if configured) when there are valid results (one of which is considered canonical.) To date, WCG has always recorded credit per user per application so I presume that is still configured! Credit should, therefore, be accumulating per user and per application.

The results entries are cleared when the work units are finally assimilated, but the accumulated statistics are unaffected by that :-) However, there is an obvious issue here :-(

I run some statistics-gathering scripts against my user and hosts, and the API (old or new) returns information about the recently completed work units (including credit!) so the APIs are presumably accessing the right database; however, the new API for history reports that I returned my last result in February -- wrong!!!.

I wonder if all this is related to whatever they have done to try to conserve the streak data across the migration, in which case it might resolve when that is undone. It might be as simple as them not having run [some of] the statistics processes, It seems we'll just have to wait and see...

Cheers - Al.

P.S. the application-specific part of a standard validator is provided by a set of calls to project-specific result-checking code, which should not require any code changes in the main validator code...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by alanb1951 at Jul 14, 2022 11:54:33 PM]
[Jul 14, 2022 11:49:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Looks like further progress is being made as i just got 4 ARP work units
[Jul 15, 2022 1:52:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Ralf
I did a code-dive into BOINC server stuff when MilkyWay@Home was having some issues earlier in the year. What follows is based on that...

The standard validator's main code section assigns credit to user (and user+application if configured) when there are valid results (one of which is considered canonical.) To date, WCG has always recorded credit per user per application so I presume that is still configured! Credit should, therefore, be accumulating per user and per application.
Well, quite obviously, at the current time, it isn't...
The results entries are cleared when the work units are finally assimilated, but the accumulated statistics are unaffected by that :-) However, there is an obvious issue here :-(

I run some statistics-gathering scripts against my user and hosts, and the API (old or new) returns information about the recently completed work units (including credit!) so the APIs are presumably accessing the right database; however, the new API for history reports that I returned my last result in February -- wrong!!!.
Also, quite obviously cool

Both of those observation could be made even without a "code-dive" wink
I wonder if all this is related to whatever they have done to try to conserve the streak data across the migration, in which case it might resolve when that is undone. It might be as simple as them not having run [some of] the statistics processes, It seems we'll just have to wait and see...
Well, it would be really, really stupid,because that is the worst, least important statistic of all....
P.S. the application-specific part of a standard validator is provided by a set of calls to project-specific result-checking code, which should not require any code changes in the main validator code...
So one would assume. Statis (in some form, no way to check the numbers) do make it to the external stats, but nothing on the WCG site, as I described...

To make this abundantly clear, I do not fault Krembil here per se, but that lack of information about this long overdue process of transition, and the kind of information in the little info that has been given, seems to indicate that precious time has been wasted since the announcement of the move was made (September 2021, that's two weeks shy of 10 months). And with the ongoing issues that they apparently have since they proclaimed that the actual data transfer was completed (March 2022), it is obvious that they need help. And I wonder why they have never bothered to maybe seek help among those folks crunching for WCG. There are certainly a lot of sysadmins, devops or developers among us, that might be able to lend a helping hand, one way or another.

Ralf

PS: For what it's worth, I am programming for 46 years and do at least some kind of sysadmin work for at least the last 37 years...

[Jul 15, 2022 3:59:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Looks like further progress is being made as i just got 4 ARP work units
Well, during the night, I got one (1) of those. Let's see what kind of progress this is... ;-)

Ralf

[Jul 15, 2022 4:07:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Well, right now, that "streak" is showing zero (0) for me, which it has a couple of times before, probably will jump back to 297 (or what ever the sad day since the inception of the new web site design was made would be)...

Ralf

[Jul 15, 2022 4:11:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 450   Pages: 45   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread