Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 41377 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Joe Kulbago
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Dropping Out

I wonder how many members will be dropping out of the process. I know I've turned off getting any new tasks and am not planning to resume processing. I am very disappointed with such a long outage. Someone grossly misunderstood the scope of the project.
[Aug 19, 2022 5:17:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cyclops
Senior Cruncher
Re: Dropping Out

I wonder how many members will be dropping out of the process. I know I've turned off getting any new tasks and am not planning to resume processing. I am very disappointed with such a long outage. Someone grossly misunderstood the scope of the project.

Sorry to hear you feel that way, Joe. We encourage you to keep up with our social media and announcements in the News section for updates about the full restart if you plan on rejoining.
[Aug 19, 2022 5:21:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Sorry to hear you feel that way, Joe. We encourage you to keep up with our social media and announcements in the News section for updates about the full restart if you plan on rejoining.

Well, to be honest, there hasn't been much in terms of updates at all. Like no advanced warning that there would be a larger squirt of WUs being sent out last night. Or even a hint on when someone is looking into the web site issues, which should be unrelated to what ever performance issue we still dealing with...

Ralf sad
----------------------------------------

[Aug 19, 2022 6:47:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
duanebong
Advanced Cruncher
Singapore
Project Badges:

I've switched off half my PCs from WCG for now. Months of no WUs, far exceeding the estimated transition time with hardly any updates. Then sporadic WUs lately that are not enough to keep the cores all fed. No further point spending electricity deploying so many machines - which have been left on idle for months already.

I'll leave a few Android devices on to monitor the situation. May turn them back on if things improve. For now just saving the power bill, we're all in this only for charity reasons anyway.

Krembil has to do more on the donor engagement end of things.

[Aug 25, 2022 11:39:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PMH_UK
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

No need to drop WCG or leave PCs idle.

Other projects have work.

DENIS
Rosetta
SiDOck
TnGrid

All ave work for medical related research.

Paul.
Paul.
[Aug 25, 2022 1:24:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Link64
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

I know I've turned off getting any new tasks and am not planning to resume processing.

I've set WCG in February to NNT and enabled Einstein. Will come back when my ressources are needed here, right now WCG has obviously more than needed for their tests. That was the whole idea behind BOINC: one platform for many projects, so if one is out of work for whatever reason, the users can switch to others. Since few years you can even configure backup projects, from which work will be requested automatically if the main project(s) run out of work.

[Aug 25, 2022 4:19:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robokapp
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

currently spamming "retry now" on a wall of downloads while my machines did nothing all day.
fun.
[Aug 25, 2022 10:34:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ADDIE2014
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I have 15 computers that will run 24/7 for krembil when the time comes. Right now I have 2 computers working for folding at home. The upside for me is these computers are all in my basement and they give off a tremendous amount of heat. Welcome in the winter, but not so much in the
Summer. 1 I usually check in with the forums regularly to see how things are going. When the time comes I will be ready.
[Aug 26, 2022 10:42:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
duanebong
Advanced Cruncher
Singapore
Project Badges:

currently spamming "retry now" on a wall of downloads while my machines did nothing all day.
fun.

I see the same on my end. Downloading WUs keeps getting http transient errors. Every other WU I get has download problems and needs to retry several times over a period of several hours.

My 8 core / 16 thread machines struggle to get work. Often I see just a couple of WUs or nothing running. It's not possible to keep spamming retries as I'm not always physically located where the machines are... nor can I monitor them round the clock.

[Aug 28, 2022 10:25:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robokapp
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

i got a free autoclicker to do the spam for me.

still not ideal.
[Aug 28, 2022 6:20:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread