Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2073 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Spiderman
Advanced Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Running multiple GPU tasks on 1 GPU

BE04642 have you noticed any slowness in overall WU Throughput? [It might be too early to gauge I don't know]

I was reading something (I think on a SETI or other BOINC site -- can't remember now) and someone mentioned there was some tinkering needed to find an optimal balance on this.

--

Great topic + I appreciated the other Member's link to read since I'd had issues finding similar material.

Thanks...
[Apr 22, 2023 9:08:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BE04642
Advanced Cruncher
Belgium
Project Badges:

"BE04642 have you noticed any slowness in overall WU Throughput?",
NO and I'm running on a 8 thread Core i7-11370H

So 18 Tasks (8 CPU and 10 GPU) are running simultaneously

In my case 1 GPU task averages at <4 minutes, while 10 GPU tasks average at 30-32 minutes. I know this is kinda strange...

So I still win and credit-wise your ranking will explode! (go up)

Please take into account that it all depends on your config and your mileage may vary.
----------------------------------------

[Apr 23, 2023 8:46:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adriverhoef
Master Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Noticed BE04642 writing this, wanting to quote someboy else:
"BE04642 have you noticed any slowness in overall WU Throughput?",

It's obvious that you want to make it clear that you want to quote somebody on saying something.
You can do this, here on the forum, with the 'Quote' button, next to the 'Email', 'Image', 'Code' and 'List' buttons. Or put the tags '[quote]' and '[/quote]' around the text that you want to quote. wink

Adri cool
[Apr 23, 2023 10:04:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread