Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2859 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
sptrog1
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
where are the tasks

Are all the researchers not sending tasks? Every thing seems to have dried up. Are they losing heart also? Event log shows NO TASKS AVAILABLE for two hours.
[Oct 25, 2022 5:17:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BobbyB
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:
Re: where are the tasks

Not sure what you mean. I haven't run out. Have lots in my queues of all 4 machines and if I can trust the time on these posts I am about 24 hours since you post,

Hmmm maybe i should not trust these timestamps. I am actually at 26-Oct-2022 0:21 UTC-4

OR are you talking GPU work?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by BobbyB at Oct 26, 2022 4:24:54 AM]
[Oct 26, 2022 4:18:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nivrip
Senior Cruncher
North Yorkshire
Project Badges:

I've never run out of OPN and MCM WUs since crunching restarted in August but haven't had any GPU work for several days now.
ЮРКШИР КРУНЧЕР
[Oct 26, 2022 10:52:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I've never run out of OPN and MCM WUs since crunching restarted in August but haven't had any GPU work for several days now.
Then you must be living in a parallel universe, because the well had run dry at least twice (10/10 and 10/18-10/19), and MCM1 is dried out right now, with only a couple of resends here and there, and no new OPN1 for a few hours as well now...
And ever came in during the day, my faster crunchers are probably all running idle by midnight (which is 4h away right now)...

Ralf

[Oct 27, 2022 3:12:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

Still not a single task for many hours. They should have woken by now in Ontario, and opened up the locked WU vault.
But what do I know, perhaps there's something wrong with the access code to the vault. smile

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grumpy Swede at Oct 27, 2022 1:51:44 PM]
[Oct 27, 2022 1:50:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thank you Grumpy Swede for the laugh. The lack of WUs makes me sad, but your funny takes on it help lighten the mood.

I've been getting nothing but the odd resend for the last few days. I've only selected ARP and MCM. I normally only want ARP, but I find having MCM in the mix keeps me communicating with the server (asking) more often, since ARP take me so long to do.

The last few resends I got had neither of the first two computers do it in time. This means that some people have queues that are too long. They request WUs that they can't possibly get done by the allotted time. Which means that those of us with short queues or fast machines are stuck fighting over scraps.

PUT MORE WUs INTO THE HOPPER. EMPTY THE VAULT. RELEASE THE KRAKEN - Please :-)
[Oct 27, 2022 2:44:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

I have seen several examples of what happens with queues too big when six or seven days after they received the WU, it was finally received back but posted as an ERROR. I get a WU to process just before then.

It’s worse when instead of coming back as an error, it comes back as completed but mine is not.

I’ve seen this more than once recently.

Makes it frustrating for people wanting a few WU’s to process. So I can relate to your frustration.
[Oct 27, 2022 11:46:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread