Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 39
Posts: 39   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5807 times and has 38 replies Next Thread
thunder7
Senior Cruncher
Netherlands
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 2022-12-12 update (ARP & HTTP errors)

Maybe the target for this week is to finally get rid of these transient http errors for once and for all. And I have to say, during those hours I didn't see any biggrin
[Dec 15, 2022 6:52:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

you MAY be right. I noticed earlier that the web site was offline when I attempted to "help" transfers - so that didn't happen.

I woke up a little while ago (ETA: ~08:40 UTC) and noticed that the web site was not only back but once BOINC manager was woken up, file transfers were happening like "hair on fire" and there were no errors or backoffs.

So, It would appear that there were at least two issues resolved tonight: http issues and file transfer rates.

Time will tell as to what else was was under the tree!
Thanks Team!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bfmorse at Dec 15, 2022 9:48:01 AM]
[Dec 15, 2022 9:19:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Maybe the target for this week is to finally get rid of these transient http errors for once and for all. And I have to say, during those hours I didn't see any biggrin

Well, yeah, that would be one way to get rid of those pesky download errors. But I am not sure if that would be the right way to do it... confused

Ralf

PS: External stats still don't get updated... sad
But it seems the download errors are gone for now (hope I didn't jinx it again)

[Dec 15, 2022 4:53:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thunder7
Senior Cruncher
Netherlands
Project Badges:

For the past 10 hours, I see 'No tasks are available' for ARP, MCM, OPN - everything. Maybe another way to solve the download problems?
[Dec 16, 2022 5:47:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Blount
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I spot checked one machine. 24 minutes ago 10 new tasks were downloaded. They were MCM tasks. Earlier there were a OPN1 and MCM tasks. Another machine also had a mix of OPN1 and MCM.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Blount at Dec 16, 2022 9:54:12 AM]
[Dec 16, 2022 9:51:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nivrip
Senior Cruncher
North Yorkshire
Project Badges:

For the past 10 hours, I see 'No tasks are available' for ARP, MCM, OPN - everything. Maybe another way to solve the download problems?

Plenty coming to me over the last couple of days.
ЮРКШИР КРУНЧЕР
[Dec 16, 2022 11:00:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Like some others also mentioned, since the DNS snafu has been resolved, I get plenty of MCM1 and OPN1 (which I do not have actually selected as a project), and without any download errors...

There was a small batch of ARP1 WUs on 12/10 and 12/13, but none since, but those have always been scarce...

Ralf

[Dec 16, 2022 4:04:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thunder7
Senior Cruncher
Netherlands
Project Badges:

Well, one of my systems is down from 1000 results in the queue last night to 750 today - sounds like a lot, but it handles 500-600 results per day, so it really isn't.
In boinccmd --get_messages, there are 181 uploads and no downloads - any attempt is shutdown with 'No tasks are available'. Maybe the limit on the servers changed?
[Dec 16, 2022 4:54:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

@Cyclops

Of the two systems I added in December, the second one (I added on 12/06/2022) is now visible in the DEVICES listing and I have updated the choice of profile the desired one. That system has been visible in the RESULTS listing since it began crunching under the DEFAULT profile.

The one added on 12/01/2022 although not yet on visible in the DEVICES listing is still crunching using the DEFAULT profile. And is showing up in the RESULTS.

Looking forward to your Team’s continuing progress!

ETA: still no incoming emails on either account.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bfmorse at Dec 16, 2022 5:52:33 PM]
[Dec 16, 2022 5:44:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cyclops
Senior Cruncher

@Cyclops

Of the two systems I added in December, the second one (I added on 12/06/2022) is now visible in the DEVICES listing and I have updated the choice of profile the desired one. That system has been visible in the RESULTS listing since it began crunching under the DEFAULT profile.

The one added on 12/01/2022 although not yet on visible in the DEVICES listing is still crunching using the DEFAULT profile. And is showing up in the RESULTS.

Looking forward to your Team’s continuing progress!

Hi bfmorse, that's awesome to hear! From what I've gathered from other volunteers on the forums as well as the speculation of the tech team, it might just take a short wait for the devices to become visible. Not saying that's the definitive answer or anything, I'll share this with the tech team so they can take a deeper look.
[Dec 16, 2022 5:55:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 39   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread