Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2471 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
TigerLily
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
BOINC needs your vote!

BOINC is a finalist for a United Nations-sponsored award.
We urgently need your help.

As you know, BOINC enables anyone with a computer to contribute to cutting-edge research. The World Community Grid is one of about 30 active science projects that uses BOINC to accelerate critical scientific research.

The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) is a United Nations-sponsored initiative aimed at harnessing the potential of information and communication technologies to build inclusive and equitable information societies worldwide. BOINC has been nominated for a prize at the 2024 forum, and has passed initial hurdles. The final step requires public votes. The award would be a very nice boost and validation for BOINC. Voting is simple and takes just a few minutes; instructions are here .

The deadline for votes is Sunday: 31 March 2024, 23:00 UTC+02:00

Edit (April 2, 2024): The deadline to vote has been extended to April 4, 2024. We would greatly appreciate your support for BOINC!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by TigerLily at Apr 2, 2024 8:04:32 PM]
[Mar 25, 2024 4:56:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: BOINC needs your vote!

It's hard to vote for a project that is so badly run and then is so spiteful to censor people that point that out, for no real reason at all... sad

Ralf

[Mar 25, 2024 5:07:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Boca Raton Community HS
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Awesome! Since this is specifically for BOINC, can this be pushed out as a "notice" for all BOINC users? Is that possible? I know it would have to come from BOINC, and not specifically WCG, but thought you all might have some "sway".
[Mar 25, 2024 5:24:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KodeX
Advanced Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

voted. +1

[Mar 25, 2024 7:03:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pramo
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It's hard to vote for a project that is so badly run and then is so spiteful to censor people that point that out, for no real reason at all... sad

Ralf

It's BOINC, not WCG. Thru BOINC, I've contributed to several different projects. While WCG kind of gets first dibs, I'm not at all shy about going to other projects to stay busy....

I registered and voted, cheers ;)

Climateprediction.net
Einstein@home
LHC@Home
MilkyWay@home
Rosetta@Home
World Community Grid
WUProp@Home

Retired Projects:
Collatz Conjecture
POEM@HOME
Predictor@Home
SETI@Home
Spinhenge@home
uFluids

[Mar 27, 2024 8:08:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Ralf

It's BOINC, not WCG. Thru BOINC, I've contributed to several different projects. While WCG kind of gets first dibs, I'm not at all shy about going to other projects to stay busy..
Yeah, that was kind of bad wording on my part. What upset me was much rather that WCG was asking for votes, while that project, within BOINC,isn't run quite swimmingly...
I registered and voted, cheers ;)
Tried that, but didn't get past the login page. But then I have both been sick and very busy (due to being sick) recently, so I haven't had too much time to check what's going on...

Ralf

[Mar 27, 2024 8:24:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ADDIE2014
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I registered and voted. Hope it helps
[Mar 27, 2024 10:02:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ibanderson
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi TigerLily and all,
I registered and voted, and it looks like April 4th is now the deadline for
getting a vote in. Hope WCG gets some funding!
[Apr 1, 2024 10:53:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TigerLily
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi ibanderson,

Thanks, we were also informed that the deadline has been extended! I have updated the original post to reflect the new deadline.

Thanks to all who have voted so far. We really appreciate the support for BOINC!
[Apr 2, 2024 4:03:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

Registered and voted.
[Apr 3, 2024 3:55:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread