Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1090 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 14 hours, no graphics, 0%

LOL!

Alther, I don't run UD. Where I said "I see no progress" I was referring to halfcard's progress, not his UD's progress. I mean Didactylos repeated your advice, I repeated your advice, Didactylos asked some very direct questions and halfcard ignores the questions and.... well... no progress.

Sorry for any confusion I caused. I'll shut up now.
[Jun 28, 2006 4:30:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

the other thread, in my mind, indicates that despite any problems, a moving graph should be diplayed and also progress lines.

that poster never indicated one way or the other whether he has a moving graph with lines, and the tech reply led me to think there should always be one.

that is why i question:

a. if my unit is a real problem

and

b. will it terminate itself

and

c. if i should terminate it, how is that done?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Jun 28, 2006 4:57:05 AM]
[Jun 28, 2006 4:48:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Alther
Former World Community Grid Tech
United States of America
Project Badges:

the other thread, in my mind, indicates that despite any problems, a moving graph should be diplayed and also progress lines.

Yes, there should be something going on with the graphics. Each structure attempt is 2 steps:
1. The 'de novo structure prediction' step, in which the text "Performing de novo structure prediction" should appear in the 3 graph boxes. This step is rather quick, ranging anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes.
2. The actual folding. This is where most of the time is spent. When it is in this step, the above text is removed and the graphs start to draw. When the graphs reach the end, the attempt is completed and a checkpoint is taken. If the completed structure passes a filter, progress is incremented and we go on to the next structure. If it doesn't pass the filter, the structure is attempted again.

In both steps there should be rotating molecule on the right hand side.

Would you mind taking a screen capture of the UD Agent window so I can see exactly what you are seeing?

To report the problem, look for the 'contact us' link on the bottom of any page on this website (except the forums). You can also find it by clicking on the 'Help' button in the "menu" bar at the top of the page.

that is why i question:

a. if my unit is a real problem

and

b. will it terminate itself

and

c. if i should terminate it, how is that done?

If it is indeed doing what you are saying, then I would say that this is a problem workunit and it doesn't appear that it will terminate itself since it appears to be locked in a loop well before doing any real work.

To terminate it, go into the Task Manager and find the 'wcg_hpf2_rosetta.exe' process. Select it and click the 'End Process' button.

However, before doing that, please post a screen shot or a link to the screen shot, if possible.

Also, have you successfully processed any HPF2 workunits yet or is this your first?

Your device ID can be found by clicking the "checkmark" button on the UD Agent.
Rick Alther
Former World Community Grid Developer
[Jun 28, 2006 5:21:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

i have done several ok before. here it is as of now, i will terminate it.

if you are correct, it seems to me a user with a 0% problem must be told to check his graphs for possible voluntary termination until this problem is solved.

perhaps the other thread starter should be asked to check this. also i would not want to see a lot of people who do not even know their pc's are stuck smile

[Edit 7 times, last edit by Former Member at Jun 28, 2006 7:19:11 AM]
[Jun 28, 2006 6:38:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

I cant hold it anymore....i need to get on my BOINC hobbyhorse.....if you run that, you can actually check if any other crunchers of the same unit have returned anything and with what condition in the Results Status detail pages.

I'm thick, u say CPU is @ 99%, but......In general for BOINC and UD, if progress is zero from start and 21 hours into it, yet your Taskmanager CPU clock indicates (u can see for each sub-process-cpu thread) the process is NOT progressing, actually getting CPU time, not clock time, you might check out the acquisition of some roque process that stops UD from getting CPU time. Firefox + SOME BAD Extensions can also hog it all, yes much as many might hate me for saying this.

Beat me, i'm elephant skinned (and have the memory of one) smug .

PS, someone commented from Rosetta@home in a dutch forum, that he was recognising current error codes from the very early days of Rosetta/HPF.....regression?
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jun 28, 2006 8:48:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

PS, someone commented from Rosetta@home in a dutch forum, that he was recognising current error codes from the very early days of Rosetta/HPF.....regression?

Not sure what you mean by regression. If he was talking about the exit codes in the crunch logs then they are probably the same as the exit codes for earlier versions of the rosetta app and are likely traceable to the same errors that most applications exhibit e.g. divide by zero and array out of bounds. I don't think the error codes indicate a slide backwards if that's what you mean by regression.
[Jun 28, 2006 12:25:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread