Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 913 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
progress is NEVER saved

I already wrote on thay problem.

But...
This is really crucial now. I run ud agent for whole day at work. Then I save it to my flash disk and bring it home. When it is launched there the progress is set to 0. It is great i can run it home. But what about people that cant??? The project is loosing a great part of computations. And I think there have to be wroked out a solution that would allow to save an intermediate result. It is really very-very much inconvenient to run ud agent in such a manner.

Thanks
[Jul 31, 2006 7:26:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: progress is NEVER saved

Hello Vidocq,
Which project are you running? Some FAAH units have no check points, some have 1, many have lots of check points. If you have a FAAH unit without a check point that you can reach in the allowed time, then use Task Manager to terminate AutoDock and draw a different unit.

Lawrence
[Jul 31, 2006 9:04:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

This is usually happen when I run fightaids@home task
[Jul 31, 2006 9:55:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Vidocq,
It was last month that I noticed that we were running through tough compounds with few or no check points. Have you increased your throttle from 60% to 100% to try to reach a check point? ( http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=2683#61655 )

FAAH check points whenever the green line reaches the right end of the graph and starts over. The first check point establishes a red line. Until the red line is drawn, there is NO check point.

Don't hesitate to use Task Manager to terminate a work unit if you boot up and discover that the previous day was not enough to reach a check point.

Lawrence
[Jul 31, 2006 11:44:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Noticed yesterday at a quick glance in my UD agent, that there are now FAAH's around, that must have checkpointed on or before 8.0 percent....the red dotted line was drawn and the green line was close to the beginning. If the latest batches for UD Agent are like that, it will be a vast improvement for those that don't crunch 24/7.
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jul 31, 2006 12:00:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Have you increased your throttle from 60% to 100% to try to reach a check point?

Yes, I am running at 100 cpu usage
[Jul 31, 2006 1:14:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

If the latest batches for UD Agent are like that, it will be a vast improvement for those that don't crunch 24/7.

Will this be implemented in latest ud agents versions?
[Jul 31, 2006 1:17:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi Vidocq,
The check points depend on the compound being tested. The program does not pick any number of checkpoints.
[Jul 31, 2006 1:21:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread