Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2594 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Shortage of work units?

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not really sure what you're saying, though tongue

Is there a setting I can change to only get the work units I want? (would unchecking the option to receive units from other projects fix it, or would I just sit there with no work units?)

let me see if I can explain a little bit better :)

When your computer asks for a work unit, the BOINC server checks to see if there are any in the feeder that match your requirements and preferences. If there aren't any GC (Genome Comparison) work units that are in the feeder for your operating system, then you will get a workunit for another project that your machine qualifies for.

Removing the check to receive work units form other projects will fix it, but you will see from time to time a message saying out of work...but that has to do with not having the requirements and preferences that work with the feeder. It will step back for a minute and try again.

To release your fears of running out of work for GC, I just checked the number of work units built to run on BOINC and there are plenty.

-Uplinger
[Nov 21, 2006 4:26:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
teletran
Senior Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Shortage of work units?

Thanks a lot for the info, uplinger.
----------------------------------------
[Nov 22, 2006 4:05:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread