Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 265
Posts: 265   Pages: 27   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 98565 times and has 264 replies Next Thread
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Unplanned website outage 2017-06-25.

We had an unplanned outage that took everything down this evening. We are working currently to get everything back up. However, this may take some time as every part of the system was affected by this outage.

We are sorry for the issues this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we get everything running again.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Jun 25, 2017 3:54:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Unplanned website outage 2017-06-25.

Thanks, at least the forum and the web site is up again, everything seemed to have gone down just when the evening stats update was to commence, shortly after 5pm PST.

Those hosts that I was able to check however are not yet able to upload and hence report, and therefor of course not able to download anything either.

Comes to show that a lot of what is being stipulated as the big advantages of using a cloud infrastructure, failure and resilience, are not what some people are trying to make the world believe. devilish

Hope that this outage doesn't ruin you whole weekend, sad

take care,

Ralf
----------------------------------------

[Jun 25, 2017 5:13:52 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

I, too, hope that this doesn't ruin your whole weekend and that normal service is returned fairly easily and quickly.

On a personal note, I do have a query over the FAH2 uploads - will you be taking any preventitive actions to ensure that there's no invalids created by the trickle feeds uploading in the wrong order, or is the system fully resilient over this issue?

[Jun 25, 2017 5:45:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Duvall
Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Over the years WCG has been very reliable and my first thought was that I had a problem with my ISP. They have a good team and I know that they will get everything working smoothly again.
[Jun 25, 2017 5:55:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
petnek
Advanced Cruncher
Czech Republic
Project Badges:

Hope you will get everything online soon. I have some WUs from SCC with deadline in few hours. I can finished them all, don't want to get them canceled by project. Some of them are already finished. And all of them are crucial for me because of emerald badge... rolling eyes

One WU have deadline in 1 hour, others 2 hours and they are ready for upload. I'm curious if they will be canceled if server will not be online until that time confused

[Edit 1 times, last edit by petnek at Jun 25, 2017 7:09:01 AM]
[Jun 25, 2017 7:05:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

We had an unplanned outage that took everything down this evening. We are working currently to get everything back up. However, this may take some time as every part of the system was affected by this outage.

We are sorry for the issues this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we get everything running again.

Thanks,
-Uplinger

Please check stats... I'm seeing that the totals on the My Contribution page has not incremented for all.
(To be precise, nothing incremented for those affected, and since my Result ranking dropped 10 spots overnight, unprecedented, hard to believe. Also noticed no result files are uploading since about 00:23 UTC and getting

178738 WCG 6/25/2017 5:39:45 AM [error] Error reported by file upload server: Server is out of disk space
").

But surely you know that all.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SekeRob* at Jun 25, 2017 8:30:38 AM]
[Jun 25, 2017 7:28:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Evening everyone,

We are still working towards getting everything back up and running. The problems we are experiencing right now are with the storage system. This is preventing us from sending new work as well as receiving uploaded result files from everyone. We are still working on this, but at the moment none of the BOINC backend processes are running. This means that the transitioner which would set these results for members to invalid are not running at this time either.

Again, thank you for your patience during this time.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Jun 25, 2017 7:54:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Please check stats... I'm seeing that the totals on the My Contribution page has not incremented for all.
I noticed that they updated "a little bit", a small percentage of the usual 35-40 days of run time per half-day stats updates...

Ralf

[Jun 25, 2017 7:55:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
sad Re: Unplanned website outage 2017-06-25.

I have so much results that I can't upload and I understand the reasons now !
[Jun 25, 2017 8:14:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

There is a discrepancy between points/runtime/results returned and my my own records/quote]. Good luck, hope it does not impact too severely.
[Jun 25, 2017 8:34:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 265   Pages: 27   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread