Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 716 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
charliebear
Cruncher
uk
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
csa 54 has there been any news

hello fello crunchers i was just woundering around about this timelast year there was an anouncement from a company called ceregenix i think about a compound they were developing called csa 54 i think it was one of a family of compounds they had discovered called sterols . if memory serves it atacked the surface of the hiv virus and in the test tube it actually killed the virus of not just stoped it replicating . since the anouncement though it seems to have gon very quiet have any of you come across any recent news on progress with csa 54 and whats hapening with it the reserch seemed very encourageing

thanks

charlie
----------------------------------------
ther are 10 types of people those who understand binary and those who dont
[Feb 6, 2007 1:14:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: csa 54 has there been any news

http://www.irconnect.com/osce/pages/news_releases.html?d=93517
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com/50226711/cs..._blocks_hiv_infection.php
CSA-54 works in test tubes. It will probably be years before we start hearing how it works in living organisms. Aside from the original press release in February 2006, all I can find is discussion about the press release.
[Feb 6, 2007 2:45:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
charliebear
Cruncher
uk
Project Badges:

ahh well thankyou for looking matey i gess we will all have to wait and see what comes in the future
ther are 10 types of people those who understand binary and those who dont
[Feb 6, 2007 7:20:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
angry Re: csa 54 has there been any news

yeah in china u can benefit alredy of the p 53 gene trharappy

while american scintist still testing countless times on rats, and mice just to confirm what they know for at least 20 years

yah i shall aupdate my post with the chinese hospital where u ca go an ge tthe p53 therappy

20k i belive,

they got cases complete remotion from metassis 3 months to live

--
This post has been edited to comply with the forum rules - nelsoc
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Feb 9, 2007 10:23:56 PM]
[Feb 9, 2007 2:55:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

If you know anything about how drug development works in the United States, you're looking at up to maybe 5-10 years or so after this kind of announcement before anything comes to market (if it even turns out to be successful). There are many, many tests on safety and efficacy which must be performed first. Additionally, the proper method of drug delivery must also be found.

Attempting to decipher what he ^ just said, I think China has much less stringent (or no) regulation on drug safety. That means you'll can get treatments earlier. At the risk of killing yourself.
[Mar 26, 2007 6:55:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

News about any working treatment or cure would spread like wildfire. The potential problem is that research might be crippled or slowed down by unnecessary regulatory restrictions. Read "The Malaria Capers : More Tales of Parasites and People, Research and Reality", 1991, by Robert S. Desowitz to see how this has hurt malaria research. There are some good cautionary tales for AIDS research in "Shots in the Dark: The Wayward Search for an AIDS Vaccine", 2001, by Jon Cohen.
[Mar 26, 2007 9:22:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread