Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 609 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
snapes_desire
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
HARRY POTTER FANS UNITE!

Hi Harry Potter Fans, Please Join The Team Im In!

Name: Harry Potter Alliance

Captain: snapes_desire

Description: Did you ever wish that Harry Potter was real? Well it kind of is. After all, both our worlds face "dark and difficult times". Harry's world is not very different than ours. The HP Alliance is dedicated to bringing together Harry Potter fans from everywhere to spread love and fight the Dark Arts in the real world and we need your help! Help us replace the Dark Arts with love. Help us build the real Dumbledore's Army. Help us create an Alliance in the name of Harry Potter.

Team Home Page: http://thehpalliance.org/
Team Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/hpalliance
[Jul 25, 2007 2:27:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: HARRY POTTER FANS UNITE!

Good Luck with your team building! It will help your effort to include a pointer to your team page here on the WCG for those wishing to join. You could easily point to this and your other links each time you post by setting up your signature for here in the forums. This is done by clicking on "My Forum Profile" above and then on the link to "Change my Signature". Since only 250 characters are allowed in a signature, some creativity is needed if you wish to pass a lot of information on with it. One service that has been very useful for this is the use of http://tinyurl.com to shorten url's. I have done this with the url to your team page here on the WCG for the illustration below. You could set up a simple signature that would look like:
Regards, snapes_desire
Join Harry Potter Alliance -- Our Home Page -- Our Team MySpace

by cutting the following text to the clipboard, then changing each "{" to the character "[" and finally pasting it into the text editing box on the "Change my Signature" page I mentioned earlier:
{b]Regards, snapes_desire
Join {url=tinyurl.com/368q3c]Harry Potter Alliance{/url] -- Our {url=thehpalliance.org]Home Page{/url] -- Our Team {url=www.myspace.com/hpalliance]MySpace{/url]{/b]

This signature is 191 characters, so you still have room for additional creativity. As you can see from my signature, they can get pretty complex biggrin

Again, I hope you have great luck with your team.

[added by edit]I just visited your Home Page and it's pretty impressive. I noticed in your Forum page that 196 are registered users. The most success at team building comes from drawing from an organization that exists outside the World Community Grid. I would recommend that you advertise and recruit very heavily in your team forum. We are always happy to see new crunchers join us.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 25, 2007 3:26:58 PM]
[Jul 25, 2007 3:11:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spikey_richie
Senior Cruncher
International
Project Badges:

You're too good to these young'uns Dave biggrin

Good luck with your team! My Fiance is a huge HP fan, I enjoy the movies but I've not read any of the books.
[Jul 25, 2007 11:58:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Raptor_2007
Advanced Cruncher

snapes_desire, the best of luck with your team. peace
[Jul 26, 2007 1:41:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread