Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 650 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Long WU

Are we through these WU that were taking 48+ hours of run time? Once they are I will consider reactivating FAAH as a project for my array
[Aug 5, 2008 3:09:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bieberj
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: Long WU

astrolab,

I suspect the long work unit will be going on for a while longer.
[Aug 6, 2008 3:51:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Never had one all through this period, but normal from faah41xx through faah 46xx. Maybe my clients don't qualify biggrin
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Aug 6, 2008 6:26:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sansanwawa
Cruncher

i'm crunching faah4999 and this is my longest run time, about 13 hours biggrin may be soon i'm getting more longer faah sad and i hope i'm not qualified for 48+ biggrin

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sansanwawa at Aug 6, 2008 8:47:14 AM]
[Aug 6, 2008 8:46:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

The majority of the monster workunits are done. Some still pending. The only additional replicas will be the normal generation of additional results. The extra copies though will have a much larger max fpops value so they will not generate the errors that we have seem for some computers.

None of the 'monster' workunits have had to be resubmitted. The majority of results completed correctly (and thus the workunits completed). It is only machines that have a tendency to claim high (due to a higher benchmark score from BOINC) that reached the limit and errored out.

The workunits now being sent for FightAIDS@Home are actually very quick workunits (half the normal size ~4hrs average). This is actually lower than we planned, but we are targeting getting them back to an average of 6-7 hours each.

Our new process is in place to get some advance knowledge of how the workunits will behave. This will improve our ability to size the workunits as well as catch some error conditions in the future.
[Aug 6, 2008 3:39:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Ok - I queried the database and I have a more precise answer for you.

There were 22,500 of the monster workunits sent.

As of a couple of hours ago, 13,880 of those workunits are complete. That means that at least two results were returned both of which were marked valid.

There are still 8,620 workunits in process. For those workunits still in process there are 10,077 results currently assigned computers and in progress and 7,204 that have been uploaded and reported as successfully completed (and are now waiting to be validated or have already been marked as inconclusive and are now waiting for a third copy to be returned).

The overwhelming majority of work being sent out for FightAIDS@Home are non-monster workunits.
[Aug 6, 2008 4:39:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread