Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12637
Posts: 12637   Pages: 1264   [ Previous Page | 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 441355 times and has 12636 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: THE EDWARDIANS - WHY NOT JOIN US AS THE QUEST CONTINUES -

Morning all.
Yes its a flat screen, and I managed to get it working but haven't figured out how to set up the CD player yet. and Yes Merle it's in colour!
Im getting with it in my dotage!
[Dec 4, 2009 8:52:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
densnaps
Ace Cruncher
Sunny Lancaster Windmill capital of England
Project Badges:

Morning all smile
Hi-Tech news from the poop deck indeed
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Have to tell you Kapitan, and this might come as a shock that there are now more than three channels to choose from .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ps What are you going to do with the Magnifier you had in front of the now retired B&W set ????
----------------------------------------
http://www.forceschatter.co.uk/
den quixote el ingles hombre loco

www.tbpcsg.org
[Dec 4, 2009 9:22:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
densnaps
Ace Cruncher
Sunny Lancaster Windmill capital of England
Project Badges:

Dec ember 2nd Our complete digital switch over completed All working fine.
The old CRT tellys are not saleable charity shops cannot take them in as the just dont move and in the end the charity has to dispose of them, the council tip charges commercial vans and such like to tip
The local council ran an advert offering old TV's removed at a cost,a Fiver
no wonder we see fly tipping.Mind you that doesn't add up, the farm gate way is arrived at using the car you can go to the local recycling site for free added bonus you are being green smile
http://www.forceschatter.co.uk/
den quixote el ingles hombre loco

www.tbpcsg.org
[Dec 4, 2009 9:48:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
acpartsman
Veteran Cruncher
Martinsville VA, USA
Project Badges:

Good morning everyone smile
Too bad we don't live closer, I love CRT tv's. In fact that's all I'll buy. And they work great for gaming, in fact I'm in need of 1 right now.

Flat screens are nice but for the money I can buy a HD projector and use my 100inch screen. When the price of a flat comes down to earth I'll probably pick one up, maybe by then they'll figure out how to get one to last 15 years or more like a CRT.

Y'all have a great day cool
One drop raises the sea.

[Dec 4, 2009 11:45:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Morning all.
Yes its a flat screen, and I managed to get it working but haven't figured out how to set up the CD player yet. and Yes Merle it's in colour!
Im getting with it in my dotage!

Good for you! Hope you have many happy hours in front of it wink
devilish How many channels do you receive up there in the wilds of Yorkshire?

PS: Mine has all the radio channels on it as well, so that is an economy of appliances wink
[Dec 4, 2009 2:21:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Evening all

I think Deni is probable the only one of us with all the channels now that he's been through the switchover.
We're not due until 2012 but there's enough rubbish available on Freeview for me not to be very concerned.

The more channels there are seems to have the effect for me of finding less and less of things that I want to watch. BBC4 has been a bonus but evenings go by when there is only the news that I want to watch live. I am then back to DVDs, either rented or from the small collection I have at home.

I should add that my wife has her own television so that we don't fight and she can watch Simply come,,,,, and lots of CSI without any problems or fights. Apart from the F1 season, I am seldom at the set before nine in the evening.
[Dec 4, 2009 6:30:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Oh I have got over 50 channels - in my ignorance I thought that was the norm now confused confused Mind you, most of them are a load of rubbish and not my cup of tea sad My supplier is Virgin Media. Daughter and son-in-law have Sky and I know they have a lot of channels, particularly sport. Mind you, you can only watch one programme at a time! cool

PS: What exactly is the "switchover"?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 4, 2009 9:08:05 PM]
[Dec 4, 2009 9:05:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Merle smile

Have a look Here smile

rgds

JP
[Dec 5, 2009 12:59:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks JP. It is as I thought, I am already there! wink biggrin
[Dec 5, 2009 6:44:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Glad to hear that Merle ! biggrin
[Dec 5, 2009 7:55:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 12637   Pages: 1264   [ Previous Page | 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread